Could this contraption ACTUALLY produce clones!?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by shotnva777, May 5, 2012.

1. So I've just kind of made this cloning thingy! Lol... I was wondering what y'all think about this! As I have NEVER HAD a clone survive, no matter how many tutorials I follow to the T! Please do not post rude comments, as that is RUDE! I'm just experimenting here and want to know some opinions without this turning into a BASH thread!

....I think this COULD work with the feedings of bat guano and earthworm castings threw the H20 (and obviously replacing the water in the resiovor (sp?) every cpl days!) Followed by foilar feedings of a high P fert to the cuttings leaves and such (which I plan to cut in half) ....

Here's the video of this "CONTRAPTION"!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOcu7SWJW3Q&feature=youtube_gdata_player

2. Really? Nobody?

3. I'm on my iPad and it won't let me see the vid but I made a homemade cloner with ez clone jets it did work but no better than just sticking them in some rock wool cubes. I have only done 4 clones but all four survived. I actually think the rock wool gives them more aggressive roots. Just cut the stem at 45 degrees under water. Dip in root tech or clonex then push them into rock wool. I flip rock wool over and never use the pre made holes. I don't even use a dome. Just keep the wool wet and spray once a day. Four or five healthy roots tearing out of the bottom in 10 days

4. Kinda what I made.... Well not really! More like a hydro system for clones! I REALLY need someone to watch the video!

5. As long as it keeps the stem moist and let's it breath it should work

6. It should work.

I've had clones take in a system that only used a water pump for agitation. As long as the water temp is rather warm, 75ish, then your clones should root pretty quickly.

Although, I would suggest simply putting the clone down in the water and ditch the medium. Also, you may want to light proof that container. Having high temperature water for rooting clones and light is just asking for algae issues.

7. Yea it should be warm... My grow tent stays at about 80. The clone will be about 3-4 ft from the lights!

Why not use the perlite? How is it going to "stand up" lol.... I figured PURE perlite would be perfect since its light and airy, and it retains moisture from underneath, as well as air! Not excluding the air it gets from the "humidity domes" holes....

...what would u recommend as far as getting it to hold UP in there?

8. U could make a cloner easy just keep em warm and and easy to do that is enclose a cfl in like a big bin and vent it so simple put clones on floor cover with 2 litre bottles with the bottom cut off then put bin over the bottles and u could cut a hole in the bin for a light and fan the bulb alone will keep it warm using this poor man setup is easy but you have to mist inside the 2 litres to keep it humid like twice a day

9. A bin??? SOUNDS AWFUL! lol... I have a perfectly good "sprout starting box" full of T5's aand several other cfls from 300 watts to 15 watts (all different spectrums)! AND a grow tent with MH and HPS! The question is not HOW to clone plants, but WOULD THIS CONTRAPTION WORK!?

I'm looking at it this way.... I've tried EVERY SINGLE "tried and true" method that there IS for clones! Not ONE has ever even shown a SINGLE root! No BS, and that's following atleast 10 different methods!!! I'm just NOT GOOD with clones!

If this contraption is capable then I am MOST definitely taking a clone from ONE of my "dinafem shark attacks", as I am falling MORE and MORE in love with these bitches everyday! They are some HARDY, STOCKY, BUSHY BITCHES! VERY healthy strain thus far, especially the "leggy" one of the two (farther node spacing than "Shortie" - hence the names! Lol...)

Its basically a hydro setup, just for CLONES!

10. [quote name='"shotnva777"']

A bin??? SOUNDS AWFUL! lol... I have a perfectly good "sprout starting box" full of T5's aand several other cfls from 300 watts to 15 watts (all different spectrums)! AND a grow tent with MH and HPS! The question is not HOW to clone plants, but WOULD THIS CONTRAPTION WORK!?

I'm looking at it this way.... I've tried EVERY SINGLE "tried and true" method that there IS for clones! Not ONE has ever even shown a SINGLE root! No BS, and that's following atleast 10 different methods!!! I'm just NOT GOOD with clones!

If this contraption is capable then I am MOST definitely taking a clone from ONE of my "dinafem shark attacks", as I am falling MORE and MORE in love with these bitches everyday! They are some HARDY, STOCKY, BUSHY BITCHES! VERY healthy strain thus far, especially the "leggy" one of the two (farther node spacing than "Shortie" - hence the names! Lol...)

Its basically a hydro setup, just for CLONES![/quote]

He asked if it would work and i gave him the most ghetto way to do it with success, so no reason his wouldnt work and why does a bin sound awful? Most humidity dome setups have what could be described as a clear "bin"looking cover that is upside down so using an actual bin to cover your clones isn't "awful" just inexpensive. Not to mention easy to lift up and mist a little and keeps your clones warm. I've done it before with success like 98% just put y clones in a little pot spray a little cover with the bin and you hang a light right above the bin

11. HE didn't ask ANYTHING! I DID! I've never heard of anyone using a "bin" for a clone, in 10+ years of growing... It just doesn't sound very efficient at all! The dome if to keep the leaves humid right? An open bin would be a GROW BOX! Not a humidity dome... Have u EVEN watched the video? Lol....

12. could of probably squeezed 5 or 6, 2" net pots into that bubble cloner....

13. STILL can! I have 5 different tops for it! Is that what this is CALLED?! Lol! I thought I had invented something for once!!! :( lol

14. It looks like a basic mini bubble cloner minus a airstone and fish tank heater. We transplanted some plants about 2 weeks ago and my nephew wanted to try and clone some of the lower branches he trimmed off but wasnt paying attention and seperating them by strain when he trimmed the branches off and just stuck them all into a glass of water and sat the glass on the kitchen counter. Decided not to clone them because they werent seperated by strain and they were kinda spindly looking lower branches. I forgot about them but my other brother kept putting more water in the glass when it started getting low and now they are growing roots out of the stems.

15. Wow! I wish I HAD that kinda luck :/

16. lotsa peeps just stick their household plants in a glass of water and root sucessfully more often than not.

Gels and powders, bubble cloners etc all increase your speed of rooting and success rates IMo Experiences.

17. I've NEVER had success with a clone EVER! Been growing for 10+ yrs starting from seed! I'm trying to turn my leggy Shark Attack into a mother tho, so hopefully this bubble thing will actually WORK! Tho I think I'm goin to keep the cup and perlite! As it does hardly anything, theirs water in the cup! All's it really does is hold the stem upright!