Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Could this be the reason i love MJ?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Mixrollsmoke, Mar 2, 2011.

1. I tried smoking weed first time, 4 years ago, when i was 15, and like many of you guys - i didn't feel anything - prop 'cause i didn't inhale..
    Anyway fast forward until summer of 2010 - i smoked weed, almost everyday for a couple of months, i had a fuckin' blast! I gave the world the finger and did what I wanted to do - which was awesome,... For a while.
    After the summer i had a huge arguement with my gf about it, and i quit for 5 weeks, since then i've learned to control my use of this wonderful medicine.

Now that i'm older and i have that experience, i started to wonder "why does this feel SO awesome?(smoking cannabis)"

I am what you would call a 'thinker', i think about everything so much, and therefore i'm a terrible nailbiter.. For instance, if i text my gf and she dosen't write me back, and i know she's home alone i immediately start to think if she slipped in the shower, if someone broke into her house and so on..
    But when i hit up that joint or that bong - i can just relax and let my mind go blank, not a care in the world.

I guess my question actually is, do you think i have the risk of gettin' 'addicted' (sry wrong word to use here)? I mean, if it makes me feel that good - it hard to know when to stop?
    I feel a 110% in control atm.. But my gf and my family keeps doubting me - which affects me...

Toke on brah :smoke:

2. I like to use the word attached. Addicted sounds nasty.

but yea you'll probably have some mental dependency on weed.

I know there are going to be post that say no weeds not addicting, not physically anyway but mentally you just wanna smoke right?

As long as your in control and maintain your regular responsiblities it should not be a problem. :wave:

3. Yea.... attached :)

I guess you're right.. even though i would like to think that i am completely independent.. But i guess, if it makes me a better person? .. i dunno ..

It's just hard to keep believe that you won't 'fail' ... when the people around you do ..
    I can't help thinkin "If you accept that i do it, please have some faith in me or STFU"

Well.. guess you can't worry about the future too much .. :smoke:

4. Yea i have the same problem my girl.

She thinks its a gateway drug and thinks im going to keep going to harder and harder drugs. I just tell her to stop talking, literally in the car im just like please women.

I won't lie, i like to experience :p..... thats me, not the weed.

5. There is nothing to the saying that weed is a gateway drug... What is alcohol then? i mean, i'm pretty sure most people drank before they smoked weed you know .. :smoke:

6. I'm a thinker mix I think like that sometimes, but I also think about how people invent things like a GPS or Iphones but anyway. Its normal to always hear negative things about weed from people who don't smoke or never tried it. People have this huge grudge against pot that its the devil plant and if you smoke it for a month your going to be hitting the crack pipe or laying in a ditch with a needle in your arm. Granted ive dont plenty of other drugs but have stuck with one that I enjoy than any other and thats pot. Addiction is not the best word to use since I could smoke everyday all day for 2 months and then not smoke and experience some irritability but other then that I'm fine. Nothing wrong with smoking to relieve stress or to escape from reality its like your dad having the beer while watching the game. You smoke and chill same thing different substance.

7. I think the people around me have learned to become more accepting since I have been smoking for 7 years and im not gonna stop lol. Yes I feel like im...attached to Mary Jane but that's not really a need I just love gettin high. Just as long as you do everything you need to do and you got everything straight no one is gonna care if u toke lol.

8. @McNasty18
    Yeah man, i feel the same way, i get those far out thoughts some times :smoke:
    Though i haven't tried any other drugs than MJ (okay, shrooms 1 time :rolleyes:) i don't feel any urge AT ALL to take a line of cocaine or anything else like that :D

@rabiddogg500
    Cool, i wish it will be like that for me sometime .. I guess i just have to 'prove' to the people around me, that i can handle it :smoke:

9. I tried weed like my first 5 times while drunk. Alcohol was my gateway drug.

10. I use the simple regular check to see if I'm still 'in control' of my MJ-
    Basically, can I stop for more important things?

During an application for the army, I was off entirely from august-october (failed application due to unrelated heart issues)- then stayed off it till late november (exams). Next year, 3 weeks before exams (after each semester), the stash got put away. I don't smoke the day before an assesment (though for calc assesments I do smoke after! damnit man I'm a physisist not a mathematician!), ect.

I figure (as do a number of my friends, most especialy two mates - one is a final year psychology major, the other is a bio major with a special interest in toxicology and narcotics) that this fits the clinical definition of 'not addicted'

I do do it regularly- it feels good. I do lots of other things that make me feel good and happy regularly too- after all, it is good to be happy.

But it's when you sacrifice important things for something, without need- be it for grass, or world of warcraft, or anything - that you become 'addicted'

11. I know exactly where you are coming from.
    I can get like that sometimes too and definitely helps me chill. I still think a lot haha but in a more up lifting way I guess?

I stopped for months for a few reasons, ridiculously high tolerance, applying for jobs, too lazy to find a new dealer.
    I never felt like I needed weed. There were time when a bowl sounded pretty good, but to me thats like any craving, whether it be cheetos or a glass of wine or some dank weed. All the same to me.

12. I smoked at age 14 due to curiosity.

I got drunk the first time at age 7 due of being thirsty. Funny, I kept going at the Margarita thinking it was a bad ass slushy.

13. That is so true, well spoken bro!
    Im done with 3 yearsof business college this summer, which makes me very proud! Guess it's a good idea to 'check' yourself before you wreck youself :smoke:

14. yes theres a very good risk. but actually, you have just discovered that marijuana is your favorite drug, and now since youre a "thinker", you are wondering if this is actually good for you. Everybody has their favorite drug of choice. I have friends who have told me their favorite drug is nicotine, and another has told me LSD. its fine to question whether using it all the time will be bad for you. you will probably feel minor withdrawal for a few days if you do not smoke at all, but...

marijuana is non-toxic to the body, and as long as you do not:
    overdo it
    by smoking hellas everyday
    or
    use weed as
    an excuse or escape,

then go ahead and grab your lighter and toke on brah. :smoke: