Could this be Sulfur or Zinc Def.? (Lots of Pics)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Hazzie, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Hi,

I took as many pictures as I figures would be necessary to see the yellowing of new growth (It's growing yellow, not turning yellow). Also you can see the internodes space is getting quite small, which leads me to believe it's a zinc deficiency from what I have read. The leaves do eventually start to green up as they get larger.

I am using a DWC and I have cut back the nutrients to 1/2 strength I was using to veg even though I flipped to 12/12 a few days ago. This problem was happening before I flipped (about a week now).

I am thinking of just using straight PH'd water in the buckets for a day or two to flush and then resuming at 1/2 strength nutrients for a week. Would that be long enough or too long to flush?

I can post more details if needed but for now here's the pictures. Thanks for taking a look.

Attached Files:

2. How long do you run your reservoir before you change out your nutes ?

3. [quote name='"Booboo1eye"']How long do you run your reservoir before you change out your nutes ?[/quote]

7 days but I let it run 10 days when I first started because the roots were just coming down to the water and I didn't think a few extra day would've mattered.