Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Could smoking in a dorm be this easy?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by stupac60, Sep 15, 2010.

1. to make sure my smoke detector doesnt go off, could i duct tape like a bowl over it so nothing can get to it, or do they need some kind of airflow

2. Or you could just take the face plate off and take out the battery?

3. they go off if tampered with. they say this but it could be bs. but i dont want to try then it goes off

4. If there's enough smoke in the air to set off the detector, they can smell it in the hallway too.

5. You were looking at it to see what kind of battery to buy right? I always want new batteries im MY smoke detector.

6. Plastic bag over it, duck tapped. But if an RA sees that shit, your prob going to get into trouble..

7. i dont care about my hallway i live in an apt. style dorm so the main hallway where people walk is far from my room and my roomates are cool, and i use a sploof.

Does anyone know about the grocery bag trick. wiz khalifa said he does this by putting it over the dtector, does it work?

8. It will work if you just put a sandwich bag over the detector.

We do welding in dorms, so I know for a fact this work work, however if the building burns down the fire department will be able to see your smoke detector was covered and you could be liable for some of the fire damage, and they could have additional detectors in the return air ductwork.

9. I would be careful regardless, I knew so many people that did so many tricks but still got busted...it really isnt worth it.....just buy a good jacket lol

10. this might work, but in dorms they've probably got them wired into the main electrical system, the way some houses do. Also, if its a recent dorm, then there's probably a computer smoke system that notices if one of its detectors goes off-line (eg power taken out). For example, at the New College of florida Z dorms the fire detectors are all wired together and set off the alarm if one is disconnected.

i dont know if taping a bowl over it would work, you'd have to be really sure of your taping job. and if the tape leaves residue, you could get charged for that at the end of the year. I'd experiment with putting tape or putty of some kind (silly putty, ect) on the vents of the detector and see if it does anything. if no RA comes running to your room, i'd say your golden. but definetly take down your anti-detector device when your not smoking, so that you don't raise suspicions.

keep toking :smoking:

11. so do they not need like an airflow to them. is that why the bag works?

12. #12 chemical, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2010
    Mflb.

13. Hi, I've lived in many dorms. You can put a bag over it if the thought of it going off really scares you. It won't go off because of lack of air flow. But honestly, I never once did this and everything was fine. Most of the smoke detectors I've encountured aren't that sensitive, even with cigarettes being smoked right under them. Just have a window open and blow your hits out of it. Good luck!

14. Get a vaporizer. No smoke to worry about, you'll get higher on less weed too!

Also, make a sploof, put a fan in your window blowing outwards and just blow out your window :)

15. Correct

16. When I was in the dorms i just covered the detector with a beanie hat. You should be more worried about the smell than the smoke alarm.

17. I lived in a dorm last year and we smoked in there all day every day. If you have a shower attached to your room turn it on cold and blow the smoke into then spray a little fabreeze or ozium. If you don't then a fan out the window works fine for small bowls or pin joints. I wouldn't reccomend ever trying to smoke an L in a dorm though. My dealer got busted that way last year. The smoke detectors are usually tamper proof in dorms and can sense reduced air flow when you put something over them.

18. Yeah dude, I've smoked in a dorm before, for a year, and it was easy.
    Just smoke by the window, blow it out, and there's little smell and no smoke.
    easy as heeeeellllll.
    And most people walking by (at least by us) when you smoke (probs late @ night if you're a college student) are either
    a. drunk as shit
    b. not the people who are
    c. both
    have fun.
    happy blazing.

19. Load one hitters yo!

Not too big so you can hold it in long enough for most of the smoke to disappear. Little little one hits :) lol.. Wont have to worry about the smoke or the smell.. But I'd still smoke by a window if I was you.

20. I dunno, if I were you I'd try to smoke outside as often as possible. If someone does smell it, you will be trapped inside the room by the time you even realize you are busted. Doesn't seem like a smart idea.

Get a little sneak-a-toke or something. If you are outdoors in a safe/hidden place, you can always ditch the evidence if somebody sees you or you see them coming.

Just be careful, and dont get caught.