Could Jesus Have Smoked Weed???

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Rasta Mon, Dec 11, 2008.

1. ok well from what i've picked up in documentarys
    weed has been used for medicine for 4000 to 5000 years
    well with jesus being on earth only 2000 years ago
    doesn't that mean that in his time period they would have been using it for medicine
    i don't know much about history or anything but i just took a roor hit and i started thinking about that

PLEASE don't start a big religious argument

2. i say yes.

i have no facts to base this on, and no comment on jesus though.

3. i say yes.
    He looks like a hippie

4. yea. there was a thread like 2 weeks ago about something liek this.

5. of course he did :D
    did you see the guys hair?

6. There are theories that cannabis might have been an ingredient in his anointing oil.

I don't know about him smoking it, though - but I suppose it's possible.

I've heard of other theories related to Christianity; Syrian Rue or another plant containing DMT were found on Mt. Sinai recently. Maybe Moses was on DMT when he spoke to God through the burning bush? You can never rule it out...

7. It's been said by some that most religions were started either by aliens ("gods") or people tripping out and seeing things ("gods") :smoking:And I've heard about the Jesus cannabis oil

8. its more likely he was on shrooms...mana supposedly was mushrooms and a tincture of shrooms and alcohol were more common. not ruling out DMT though.

edit: ive heard the canna oil thing too btw.

ps. i think those gods were real, and the stimulation of the third eye was used to communicate with them while they were in another dimension.

9. mushrooms in the holy land? i doubt it.

its totally possible that he used marijuana for something, or hemp if nothing else. theres even a plant spoken about in the bible that will (loosley quoted) "bring the people together." could it be marijuana? im not sure.

but hey, the fact that you accept jesus is the important thing in life.

10. I dunno but if i went to heaven right now and saw Jesus sittin there with a fat blunt I'd be happy knowing that I've been doin the right thing :D

11. Cannabis is directly mentioned in the Bible in many occasions. The word quneh-bosm appears five times in the original Aramaic Old Testament, and in the Hebrew translated version as kaneh-bosm, plural for kannebos. Kaneh is Hebrew for hemp, bosm is hebrew for aromatic

Moses is directly told by "Him" to gather 500 sheckles of liquid myrrh andcassia, and half as much fragrant cinnimon and kanehbosm, and a hind of olive oil. He is instructed to make these into the scared annointing oil, and annoint every item in the tent of the meeting.

One of items he is directed told to annoint was the altar of incense, it is later mentioned that the tents were filled with smoke.

Seems as though Moses was actually creating some dank hash oil.

12. It was probably just for the fragrant properties tho, not to get high off.

13. yeah since the bible tells you that "altering your state of mind" is a sin, im not sure that getting high is the idea.

14. Jesus was the biggest stoner ever. How do I know this? He designed the world's biggest pack of rolling papes, namely the Bible.

15. #15 PastyWhitey, Dec 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2008
    A sheckle was a unit of measurement in ancient times ranging from 9 to 17 grams depending on region and time.

Put anywhere from 2250 to 4250 grams of marijuana in an oil base (the sacred oil), place in a collandar (the inscense altar), under which is an open flame.

Now move this process inside a 30ft x 15ft x 15ft enclosed area, the estimated size of the Inner Court of the Tent of Meeting, and allow to sit until a thick smoke builds up.

Go sit inside of this area, waiting for "God" to contact you. Everytime you take a breath you would have to be inhaling THC.

Hell, it could even be debated that the Sons of Isreal were the first case of moochers as is it specifically stated in Exodus 40:36, that they didn't break camp until the cloud had disappeared from the tabernacle.

Even further, Exodus 40:34 could be interpreted that the glory of the Lord which filled the tabernacle was actually everyone perceiving the feeling that had succumbed them was the presence of the Lord. When the feeling was really the result of THC inhalation, GETTIN BAKED!

16. Why not?

Terrance Mckenna believed human evolution was influenced by magic mushrooms.

His take on it was - our earliest ancestors followed herds of wild buffalo around the plains of Africa once upon a time. When they couldn't actually kill one, they would eat their feces...

And we all know what grows on cow feces, 'shrooms!

Well, by eating the feces and the containing fungus, they saw the world in a new way. They examined patterns that weren't apparent before and started to understand them.

Here... from Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terence_McKenna

Perhaps the most famous of Terence McKenna's theories and observations is his explanation for the origin of modern human consciousness and culture. McKenna theorized that as the North African jungles receded, near the end of the most recent ice age, giving way to savannas and grasslands, a branch of our tree-dwelling primate ancestors left the forest canopy and began to live in the open areas outside of the forest. There they experimented with new varieties of foods as they adapted, physically and mentally, to their new environment.
    Among the new food items found in this new environment were psilocybin-containing mushrooms growing near the dung of ungulate herds that occupied the savannas and grasslands at that time. McKenna, referencing the research of Roland L. Fisher, Ph.D. (College of Optometry and Departments of Psychiatry and Pharmacology, College of Medicine, The Ohio State University)[14] [15] [16] [17], claimed that enhancement of visual acuity was an effect of psilocybin at low doses, and supposed that this would have conferred an adaptive advantage. He also argued that the effects of slightly larger doses, including sexual arousal (not reported as a typical effect in scientific studies[citation needed]) - and in still larger doses, ecstatic hallucinations and glossolalia - gave selective evolutionary advantages to members of those tribes who partook of it. There were many changes caused by the introduction of this psychoactive mushroom to the primate diet. McKenna hypothesizes, for instance, that synesthesia (the blurring of boundaries between the senses) caused by psilocybin led to the development of spoken language: the ability to form pictures in another person's mind through the use of vocal sounds.
    About 12,000 years ago, further climate changes removed psilocybin-containing mushrooms from the human diet. McKenna argued that this event resulted in a new set of profound changes in our species as we reverted to the previous brutal primate social structures that had been modified and/or repressed by frequent consumption of psilocybin.
    McKenna did not attempt to defend his hypotheses through rigorous scientific evidence; he consciously self-identified as a type of shaman, or ethnobotanist. McKenna and his followers view his theories as speculation that is at a minimum scientifically feasible and arguably gifted by special knowledge due to psychedelic plants. His hypothesis that psilocybin induced a phase change in human evolution is necessarily based on a great deal of speculation that interpolates between the few fragmentary facts we know about hominid and early human development, but he argued that the ability to metabolize any dietary component could, in principle, confer a selective advantage. Many find this explanation implausible, as it suggests a Lamarckian interpretation of evolution wherein acquired secondary characteristics (e.g. an adaptave advantage resulting from consuming a hallucinogen) are assumed to be propagated genetically. However, McKenna also suggests that the cultural pattern of the mushroom-using primates is transformed through this process as well (great-horned-mushroom-goddess religion). In this light, it is arguable that culture and language would have been the medium of transference, rather than genetics. An article in New Scientist July 2008 now suggests Mckenna is closer to the mark than previously thought: "characteristics acquired during an individuals' lifetime can be passed on to their offspring. Over the past decade it has become increasingly clear that environmental factors such as diet or stress, can have biological consequences that are transmitted to offspring without a single change to the gene sequences taking place." A live recording of his "Stoned Ape" hypothesis can be found on the CD, "Conversations on the Edge of Magic" (recorded live at the Starwood Festival).

17. Damn man... Can you feel the lord?

18. Lmao I would have loved to hotbox that tent with him!

19. idkkkk
    my belief is he didnt exist
    or his story is over exaggerated
    buttttt i have no problem with others
    and everything is a possibility
    the bible does say
    all the herbs are for you

20. I believe it is entirely possible that he was anointed with cannabis.

However, it is not possible that he used it habitually, as he would have had control over his mind, and been in the "Christ Consciousness" without the use of an intoxicant.

I believe it would have been possible that he may have given it to people as a herbal remedy to certain things, if he was lead to do so, but would have used it only as purpose dictates, and not as a recreational drug.