Could I use this lamp?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Mac11, Sep 14, 2008.

1. I think I have decided on my CFL bulbs, but I just wanted to make sure that I got the right socket/lamp setup...

http://www.petsmart.com/product/ind...-0A80-DD11-98CA-001422107090&mr:referralID=NA

Would this work? I was looking at two 10" models... Sockets are rated 75 watts for 5.5" and 150 watts for 8.5" incandescent bulbs.

Since it uses incandescent bulbs I could put a CFL bulb in it... correct?

I was going to use two of these for veg...

http://www.1000bulbs.com/65-Watt-Compact-Fluorescents/34238/

And I was going to use two of these for flower...

http://www.1000bulbs.com/55-Watt-Compact-Fluorescents/34639/

What do you guys think?

2. for 1 plant or what

3. Yes. This would be for one plant. I plan on using feminized Dutch Passion Mazar seeds in a bubble bucket...

4. The clip on lamps will be fine for those CFLs. I would use one of each color temp for vegetating and maybe switch to two 2700 K (or even three) for flowering. Chlorophyll production uses both the blue and orange end of the spectrum.

[​IMG]

5. Thanks Oldschool... + reps...

What do you think of this bubble bucket set up?
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    30 gallon secondary reservoir with a water pump... a pump you could find at a nursery for fountains... I have two I use for two decorative garden ponds... they work well and reliably...

This will pump water into the growing bubble bucket...

Inside the bucket will be a 1-1/2" or so PVC pipe that will run vertically along the side of the bucket. The top will fall a couple inches short of the bottom of the hydro basket. This PVC pipe will attach to the bottom of the bucket and will feed into a large hose. This hose will then lead back to the large 30 gallon reservoir.

I think the pump could run fifteen minutes a day and it could refill the bubble bucket. Any excess water will simply feed back down into the secondary reservoir. I could just put a timer on the power source for the water pump.

I will have two air pumps that each lead to their own air stone fixture at the bottom of the bubble bucket.

6. #6 OldSkool1010, Sep 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2008
    Sounds complex to me. I don't know anything about hydroponics. I did grow up a clone that my son gave me hydroponically but I only used a 2.5 gal detergent jug and an aquarium air pump and stone. After it outgrew my box I potted it in soil and set it outside to grow (G13 clone I'm told). Hydro sure does make big root mass and speeds up the growing time but I haven't gotten into it much yet.

[​IMG]

To follow up on the lighting though...CFLs put out most of their light along the length of the spiral. Rather than those lights w/ reflectors you might do better with a three light vanity bar mounted perpendicular to your plants. I don't want to overload your thread w/ my pictures but I think they'll explain what I'm trying to suggest. I'm using six CFLs but they're only 24 and 27 watts (10600 lumen)

[​IMG]

7. I like the idea of the clamps though... it would make it very easy to adjust to plant growth...

I think I might upgrade the 6500K 65 watt bulb to a 85 watt 6500K...

I really like the idea of having a 6500K and a 2700K going at the same time... As flowering starts I could just switch out the 6500K with a 2700K...