Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Could I just eat a nug?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Hinkleberry, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Could I just eat some bud instead of putting it into brownies or smoking it and still get high? This might be a dumb question...Sorry if it is haha

2. this forum is made for dumb questions :p but no you cant just eat a nug

3. could you? yes... would it get you high?.. not in the least...

4. this!

5. No, you will not get high if you eat some weed.

6. The THCa needs to be made into THC, which is called decarboxylation. This is done through heat.

7. your just wasting weed if u eat it

8. Yum raw plant matter.

9. Your digestive tract can't readily absorb THC or CBD when eaten. It has to be in something else. THC and CBD are fat soluble (why it works in brownies) and alcohol soluble (green dragon), so you'd need them to be contained in either fat or alcohol. They also aren't water soluble, which is why you can't snort keif.

Edit: It doesn't need to be "activated" through heat either, how else can I put some weed into some Bacardi for a month or two without ever heating it and still get high (and smashed) by drinking it? Heat simply speeds up the process, like it does to many things.

10. Sigh, I love this question.

The answer of course is YES you can eat a nug. And YES your stomach produces enough heat for it to activate the THC, but you're more likely to get a stomach ache rather than high.

11. these guys are mistaken. you can get absolutely ripped by eating your weed, its just that most people dont know bc you have to eat over 7 ounces in order to get your body used to it.

as you can imagine, many people eat a gram or two and get discouraged, or become afraid that if they eat more it will be a waste. wrong. keep eating. you'll get there.

12. a more scientific, correct answer :D

13. question 1= could i eat a nug
    answer 1= yes

question 2= would it do anything?
    answer 2= no

you gotta smoke it dude! or if u wanna eat it make firecrackers :D

14. My heart would drop if I ate 7 ounces of weed

15. Please don't eat your product. Yes, THC must be "activated" before it can be absorbed. The lungs is the best way to absorb things of this nature. Unfortunately, burning mj will destroy a good deal of THC and some will not absorb due to some smoke just floating away or not having time to absorb or so on. However, if you desire to eat it, know that THC is known to bind to 2, perhaps 3, different materials. The first is fats, that is why peanutbutter, and oil/butter for cannabutter, actually works. You can let it sit, or cook it to speed up the process (the heat doesn't really do anything to change it, just bind it.) However, don't get it too hot or it will vaporize. Alcohol is another viable option. This is best done by just letting it sit and shake it every once in a while. The 3rd way is citric acid, which i have never experienced but I hear good things. It appears to react similarly to being absorbed in alcohol. The THC is like hide-away on a fat/alcohol/citric acid ship that gets everybody all fucked up when it gets to port.

PS. sorry for the ramble, im high.

16. let me clarify. you dont have to consume 7 oz at once...hehe..thatd be a little ridiculous.. wouldnt it?

all i mean to say is that generally a person thats eaten less than 7 oz within the last few yeas is not gonna feel anything.

and of course its not practical to just go buy 7 oz.. so you pretty much just have to keep buying like you usually do, only eating it instead of smoking. it.

doesnt sound like much fun, but its the only way.