Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Could I get a card in MI for this?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Coldgreenetea, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Ok, well for a while now, I have suffered from depression. I also have insomnia, last night I was up until 6am, and I couldnt sleep, all I could think about was everything I needed to get done for school. The thing is....most people think of my condition as minor, but the worst part is that almost all medicines have very bad side effects for me. Ive tried depression medication, and it seemed to work for a week, then I started getting horrible nausea to the point of almost throwing up. For my insomnia, I found that taking the pills made me extremely tired and lifeless, like a breathing corpse, I wouldnt get out of bed all day and I would just sleep while I was on them. It seems that there is no medication substitute for marijuana because it helps me keep my metabolism healthy by eating at regular times, im happy throughout the day, pain free, and I sleep at normal times..Anyone have any advice/info?

2. http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana/55561-active-state-medical-marijuana-programs.html

3. No, I do not believe you can get a medical card in MI for that. Try the THC foundation though. They are in southfield.

4. From reading your post I see you mentioned the nausea that anti-depressants cause you. If you are on an anti-depressant and mention the nausea to the doctor who prescribed it a few times it should show up in your charts. If you are not on any kind of pain contract it wouldn't hurt to mention that marijuana helps the nausea, he might give you a recommendation. If he doesn't then you will have to go to one of the clinics which write MM recommendations on a regular basis.

Hope this helps.

5. Ok city...... if the guy has depression and insomnia chances are he has pain somewhere in some way.

Get a script for painkillers. They are horrible for you and if you already smoke bud, you have found the perfect painkiller.

For some reason, our ancient society thinks it is ok to manufacture heroin and prescribe it to people. I think if you tell your doctor you are in pain, and you have a problem taking manufactured medicine, you will get a prescription for cannabis. I have no idea if this will work though because I do not game the system. I just smoke weed every single god damn day illegally.

Somewhere, the medical argument states you must have a preexisting medical condition. So you must have a script for heroin(aka methodone, vicidin, oc) before you can get ur script for bud. No joke.

Thank you.

PS!!!!!!!!@!~!!!!@!@! MEDICAL MARIJUANA IS A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anyone who does not believe this does not believe cannabis is a cure.

6. #6 42 DEGREES A2, Jan 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2010
    First off, sorry that you have been going trough all this. Sounds like a rough time, I have a friend that is in the same situation is you.

Im sure your body feels tired, weak, not the same. Your not getting the right amount of sleep, That will make you have chronic pain. Also depression can take a toll on your body,
    My friend went to his doctor and got his chart notes and went to the thcf clinic. He now has his card, the reason was chronic pain.

I wish you luck and I hope things start to turn positive for you :)

P.S. Who is that in your Avatar?