Could i clone under a 125w cfl full spec?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by urbanfarmer45, Nov 24, 2012.

1. I have. 400w mh/hps convert and a 125w cfl full spec on the side. I want to use the 125w for clone/ veg and my 400w for flower so that I can have a continuous operation.

Thoughts?

2. Yea you can clones dont like a lot of light anyways..when they start to veg they wont grow fast with that little of light though

3. thats what i use n does great, just watch out not to burn them when u transfer them under your 400 watter!

4. Works great I myself used a 150watt with clamp on base from hardware store for my veg and it worked great as good as the t5 I replaced it with actually.

5. For clones you really need just minimal light! Should be fine, and depending on how many cuts you plan to take, that could be too much light I think.

6. Thats what I use for my clones. Veg with t5s, flower with hps...

7. Could I position the light farther away when cloning and then move them closer for vegging?

I might get another cfl soon. I'm looking to clone WW, berry bomb and aurora indica.

Generally, how long does it take for a clone to root and begin to veg?

8. Its not so much about your watts ( good for a "general" rule of thumb at .5 grams per watt ) but you really need to check out your lumen output. Some CFLS ( 29w for example ) have 1920 initial lumen output so at 3 inches away - your not going to give your plants enough light and they will stretch.

One of my favorite 125w's is the self ballasted one ( vitalume for example ) that puts out 10,000 lumens. Even at 8 inches away ( please don't leave it that far out haha! ) your still getting more lumens to the plant than a CFL at its highest numbers. I would suggest 4-5 inches away on the 125w and manage the heat. 70-72 should be doable all day long.

9. ok so i have an 8 bulb t5 with veg bulbs and i have some extra flower bulbs.. i wanna 15 clones at a time.. how much light should i use.. i have switches on my t5 to run 4 or 8 bulb.. i can mix veg and flower bulbs.. what do you guys suggest and why ?