could distilled water do this to my plant

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by FACEtheZOMBIE, Aug 2, 2012.

1. i started watering with distilled because i was told it is better than tap water due to all the chlorine thats in it and now my plant look as if its going to die any day... what do i do??? thanks

Attached Files:

2. Looks like a PH problem to me. What PH are you watering with?

A PH pen is as important as lights or soil. You cannot grow good pot without it.

It also seems like you may be overwatering, since your leaves are droopy. Give 3-5 days before watering again. Your pot should be almost bone dry before you water again. Marijuana suffers from overwatering unlike some household plants.

Tap water isn't bad for your plant if your tap water isn't.... extremely potent. My tap comes out around 350-400 PPM. Try watering with your tap water and see what happens. Most tap water isn't too bad; You can request a water analysis from your city if it's city water.

What soil are you using? What is the PH of your feed? Have you fed any nutrients?

3. No distilled water wouldn do that.

Add some soil to that pot fill it up to the top.

4. [quote name='"ohspyro89"']Looks like a PH problem to me. What PH are you watering with?

A PH pen is as important as lights or soil. You cannot grow good pot without it.

It also seems like you may be overwatering, since your leaves are droopy. Give 3-5 days before watering again. Your pot should be almost bone dry before you water again. Marijuana suffers from overwatering unlike some household plants.

Tap water isn't bad for your plant if your tap water isn't.... extremely potent. My tap comes out around 350-400 PPM. Try watering with your tap water and see what happens. Most tap water isn't too bad; You can request a water analysis from your city if it's city water.

What soil are you using? What is the PH of your feed? Have you fed any nutrients?[/quote]

Miracle grow moisture potting mix the npk is 21-7-14 with iron thats 10%. I havent been able to get a ph pen i probably will at ace hardware. Also the plant was just kinda given to me so i have not given it some nutrients. I did however get a book from amazon but turns out to be the wrong one, usefull but not at this moment lol. This was an outdoor plant that had been eaten down by grasshoppers aparently twice. I do hve a box ive almost finished building still waiting on. Few more items to come in ill post a picture later. Thanks

5. o.k. folks... here it is 1litre water 30ml of 30% h2o2(hydrogen peroxide) 20ml alchohol 3ml wetting agent.

this is a multipurpose spray. used routinely it is very effective against insects, fungus,and disease. it may be used safely throughout the cultivation process of all c3 type plants. i use this formula in my pro greenhouse biz and on all my certified oganic produce

I also found this on another site and mixed this together because i had gnats flying around and weird white spider bugs crawling in the soil could this also be hurting the plant??

6. Probably a combo of all the above and what you just listed. I would call it a wraps trash it and start fresh with lessons learned.

Fungus Gnats are not the worst thing if thats all you have but they lay there eggs in the soil chomp on roots squirm to the top and turn into gnats. Then they start that process all over again.

Spider Mites can be incediious once they set in. All it takes is a couple and it can ruin your whole crop very fast. Sterilize your whole area, then do it again. Trash the pot and soil etc.

Normally for those two I wouldnt but with a ragged looking plant like that I would.

7. [quote name='"rhapsodyrcks"']

Probably a combo of all the above and what you just listed. I would call it a wraps trash it and start fresh with lessons learned.

Fungus Gnats are not the worst thing if thats all you have but they lay there eggs in the soil chomp on roots squirm to the top and turn into gnats. Then they start that process all over again.

Spider Mites can be incediious once they set in. All it takes is a couple and it can ruin your whole crop very fast. Sterilize your whole area, then do it again. Trash the pot and soil etc.

Normally for those two I wouldnt but with a ragged looking plant like that I would.[/quote]

Yeah ive been thinking about tossing it but im going to give it another week or little less and see if shes sprung anything new or shown some sort of effort of trying to survive! Ive got new seeds coming in and im thinking im gonna get some fox farm soil. And get some more reading material.

8. I use distilled water sometimes because the ppm is 0 and the ph is between 5.5-6.5. He is right a ph pen and a ppm pen is a must I learned the hard way as well. Blue-Lab makes a good set.

9. [quote name='"countryboy13"']I use distilled water sometimes because the ppm is 0 and the ph is between 5.5-6.5. He is right a ph pen and a ppm pen is a must I learned the hard way as well. Blue-Lab makes a good set.[/quote]

So i need two of those pens? A ph and ppm? Those are some pricey items for my mickey mouse pocket book lol

10. I recommend a manual ph tester. where you add the dye to your water sample. A buddy of mine killed his whole crop because his ph tester was running low on batteries and gave him wrong readings. shitty lol.

11. [quote name='"knotty"']I recommend a manual ph tester. where you add the dye to your water sample. A buddy of mine killed his whole crop because his ph tester was running low on batteries and gave him wrong readings. shitty lol.[/quote]

Oh wow whatta major bummer! I have to look more into those then plus idk if the pens have to be calibrated or not which seems like a hassel if anything like sending off multimeters. Plus i imagine those are cheaper! Thanks for the heads up on that one!!

12. Ya u have to cal. them about once a month, it's a breeze you get cal solution like 15-20 bucks. To me it's just a tool you need to do the job. The money for the pen is well spent. I always test my water without my nutes if you take any kind of notes or keep track you know what your ppm's and ph should be off the bat (so you dont kill your crop). That's funny I've never heard of anyone having a bad crop from using a ppm or ph pen. But nothing would surprise me at this point. I had the "pool-boy tester" you put 2 drops of this compare the colors for a match. The nutes I use when I'm all mixed the water is BLACK now try to get a good reading off that trying to make it 6-6.5 god what a pain. I got my pens at the local shop and any time I go up there I can bring them up and they are certified to cal. and work on them if they can't fix them I walk out with a new one! not sure if that's the policy of Blue-lab or my local shop but it's a win,win for me. Stressing over shit like that kills the buzz! Good luck man I'm stubbed so I'll be watching