Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Could be a great idea, could be a bad one..

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by razonx, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Hey guys, i've recently expanded on my love for reptiles and got myself a juvy tiger snake early in the year and now ive upgraded his tank to a 6ft enclosure, im wondering whether or not id be able to grow 2 plants in there? it has a fairly high tempreture range and if i need it to be, high humidity...

Would plants be able to grow in the condition's ?? im thinking of putting a lighton the top of the lid which open's up and that would be the "grow light" but definatly nothing of high standard lol. (just being honest)

What danger's could growing 2 plants in the enclosure pose to my snake ??

Thanks guys appreciate any help :)

2. Better yet, what dangers could a snake have to 2 growing plants?;)

3. haha thought about that too, only one i could see would be him trying to explore and snapping a branch, would be unfortunate but not much you can do hey..

4. idk anything about growing but from a common sense standpoint, it doesnt sound like a great idea

5. well rather than be a negative nancy why dont you elaborate on why my idea isnt that good from your standpoint?

6. Because snakes, they break plants.

7. look past the fact, im not expecting the plants to be smoked or anything id just like to grow one in my enclosure since it COULD provide the right needs...im just asking whether or not the plant could sustain it and if the plant would outgrow the enclosure or would it grow to the enclosures size the stop ?

8. Bad idea. Reptiles are great pets; I've had many. They also are carriers of various pathogens such as salmonella. That's why you're supposed to wash your hands after handling them.

Cannabis also doesn't like high humidity. Contrary to what many seem to think it's a temperate plant, not a tropical one. The places near the equator where landrace Sativas come from are all at high elevations with a cooler, drier climate than down in the jungles.

Keep your plants with your plants and your pets with your pets.

9. Well if it's not meant to be smoked and you're just gonna try it for the sake of trying it, why not just toss a couple of shitty seeds in there and see what happens? It's not gonna kill the snake...

10. beauty of it is, Tiger snakes dont require a high humidity and rather 50/50 range....doesnt need to be perfect they are a sturdy snake

11. haha thats why i was just asking some questions to i could get a general grasp on what i am doing so it is a COMPLETE failure, i wanna give them a chance...(if they do work then fark yeah im smoking them...)

12. It's just not proper conditions, and you would put the pet(s) at risk as well.

13. but thats the thing, im not changing anything in the enclosure except for adding the needed light....the extra watering on the plant's would just be like me misting the enclosure which i wouldnt now need to do..

14. They'll die without proper feeding and lighting, both of which would not necessarily be the best thing for the reptiles.

You asked the question, I'm just answering it :) Do as you choose but I can tell you it's a bad idea.

15. i must also mention im talking about australian weed...im not sure if its alot sturdier than american? when grown in "outdoor" conditions...

(and im also from a coldish part of australia lol)

16. Sounds like a decent idea to me. I don't know if it would be a suitable environent for a plant but why not give it a try.

17. this^^^

18. why not buy a new grow box and grow 2 plants in that without causing problems toyour snake

19. maybe its just me but i wouldnt want to be messing with plants with a snake in the tank then again im scared shitless of snakes but what if hes in a bad mood one day and your messing with your plants and then hes latched onto your hand lol.

20. LOL. Same shit i was thinkin :rolleyes:
    but hey, try it if it dont work, at least you tried, and if it DOES you got free fuckinn weed!:hello: