Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Could a drug dog smell...

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by BigGuru, Sep 14, 2012.

1. If I had weed in an airtight mason jar in my freezer 8 feet away from the door with a towel stuffed under the door could a drug dog just outside the door pick it out.

I realize most people wont know the answer to this but Ill appreciate any knowledge..

2. Doubt it..but then again those drug dogs are powerful little bastards

3. most of them cant smell it until they are right on top of it.

Cops know where shit can be hidden but they cant search just anywhere without a warrant. So they point to stash spots and have the dog get right on it to smell it.

ive had dogs miss out on mason jars and vacuum sealed bags before. I have also been to a k9 training event and watched how they train the dogs. Im sure some dogs have a better sense of smell than others

4. Haha you expecting a search warrant?

5. never underestimate a drug dog's sense of smell . thats all im saying bro

6. If you touch weed and then touch your doorknob the dogs can smell that. They won't be able to smell the actual weed, but they can smell weed residue left behind from your sticky fingers.

7. Thanks guys youve basically set my mind at ease, and Ive been doing my own research and Im pretty confident Id be fine as long as I never broke that seal while in my room

This is about the only way I can imagine them finding it. It sucks that I have to be this careful

But thanks for the replies everyone!

8. The best way I can describe it is that a dog can smell like we can see. Meaning that if you cook beef stew the dog says, "I smell carrots, I smell beef, I smell corn, celery, ect." While we only smell one thing which is beef stew. On the other hand we see in 3d with multicolor while a dog sees in 2d and only in black n white. I would think that it could be possible for the smell to drift out of the container somehow and maybe it could be smelled by your door. I really wouldn't worry about it though if its kept sealed in a mason jar inside of your own house though. I don't even think a cop has a reason to bring a drug dog near the area unless some type of bust is going down.

9. why would a drug dog even be near your house?

10. Ever heard of a warrant?

11. This is correct.

A lot of you guys are misinformed. A drug dog would def. be alerted because the scent would still permeate, and distinguish the smell instantly.

Also, yeah..the dog would pick up on the scent of all the residue on doorknobs, tables, chairs etc.

You're best bet would be hiding it stealthly in a place where a dog would bark at regardless like a used cat litter box or a freezer of meat. Ya'diiggzz?

12. If you're in so much trouble that you're going to have your house searched with a drug sniffing dog, then you should probably get rid of your weed.

Like give it to a friend or something.

Like why would you leave weed in your house in a situation like this?

13. Stop ruining your weed in the freezer and just spray fox piss all over the place

14. if they have a warrant then hiding it in the freezer wont help

15. #16 iVapeTooMuch, Sep 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2012
    your best bet is either taking it to another location, or hiding it extremely high up or down low in your house away from the height of the dog. if its out of the dogs range, it will be a bit more difficult to smell.

16. Or just keep it in an easily attainable place so you can flush it.

17. maybe as long has the weed has never touched the outside of the jar, that also means touching things that touched weed like your hands

18. Not that it really has to do with the thread, but dogs can see some colors, they aren't completely color blind the colors are just different to them.

On the thread, it was pretty much covered, they aren't gonma smell the weed but the residue everywhere else will be easily sensed.

19. Never have the work where you lay.

That's a no-no.