Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Coughing

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Fogell, Oct 5, 2013.

1. #1 Fogell, Oct 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2013
    Been smoking for about a month and a half. I started with Maui Waui, had no problems coughing and only felt a bit of burn in my lungs. Moved on to sour D, no serious coughing. I started using white widow and that shit literally would make me throw up at times because I was coughing so hard so I went back to sour D and I still had the coughing problem where I would throw up occasionally. I smoke daily and the coughing isn't getting any better, what can I do to stop it?

2. #2 TheAnswer121, Oct 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2013
    take smaller hits. :bongin: give ur lungs a rest

3. Drink a whole bottle of robitusin dm. No but seriously do you smoke cigs? Your white widow was moldy or you have weak lungs.

4. I had a friend in high school that would frequently cough so hard that he'd start gagging and then puke. Sometimes he'd even faint and fall on the ground. It was so fucking funny at the time. He doesn't do that anymore though, not for a while. Sorry, you just reminded me of that....  Just try to take smaller hits. Or invest in a vaporizer if it's that bad.

5. If you use anything that uses water you shouldn't get a throat burn. I used to get throat burn before I learned how to smoke properly. Draw the smoke into your mouth like you would be if you were filling your mouth with liquid through a straw and let it rest for few seconds before you inhale.

6. I don't think it's my lungs though, I am physically active and my breathing irl is fine. I don't want to take smaller hits because I'll look like a pussy compared to my friends who have probably smoked only once or twice in their life.

Hey man you gotta crawl before you can walk. You'll never enjoy yourself if you're worried about things like that.. Practice makes perfect.

8. Yeah dude who cares what your friends think or say. If your stoned than your mission was accomplished. I remember smoking super fat bunts in highschool and my friends would say rip it as hard as you can. All it does is make you feel like dying for a couple minutes. Now if your friends are chiefing really bad and you feel like your getting a lot less than hit it harder or tell them to quit chiefing.

9. #9 0ri0n, Oct 5, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
    If I'm about to cough I hold it back and exhale all the smoke first, then either I don't need to, or it's alot less intense/painful.

10. Agreed. Coughing and choking are two different things. I dont choke unless i'm smoking a blunt that hits way way garder than it looks or a bong ive never used every now and then. It only happens once though but i hate choking. Even if it seems painful to hold your cough back that extra second it's not going to be as bad as choking.

11. I dont even cough anymore. Only because i now know how big of a hit makes me cough. I always aim a little bit under that big of a hit to avoid coughing

12. Smoke More! you will stop eventually, could be a while tho