Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Coughing up phlegm?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by FatJayz, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Just how much phlegm are you supposed to cough up? I know it's good to cough up a little, that's what marijuana does, clears out your lungs. But i just upgraded from a 1 footer bong to little bit bigger bong, bigger hits, now i'm choking so bad i'll gag and almost vomit. this will go on for 20 min, and i'll be sipping water too. I just started smoking cigs again, i don't know if those could be putting  more tar into my lungs that the cannabis is making me cough up?

2. I'm gunna go with the cigarettes. 

3. It's probably from both bigger and harsher hits plus smoking cigarettes. I know many kids I used to smoke with would cough their lungs out from bong hits. Some people just can't take it that well.

i was thinking it might be the size of the bong, but i didn't want to admit how much of a lightweight i must be lol

5. It's the cigs

I always have bloody snot because of them

6. Lol a bong bigger than a foot isn't considered small bro. Don't be so hard on your self especially of you milk that shit.

Also remember, most of the time, the bigger the bong the Staler the smoke is going to be.

7. Light smaller hits, if you still cough it's the cigs

Sent from my Prism using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. loose the cigs. they can kill ya.

9. I'm sure changing the bong wouldn't cause that.  A bong is a bong; it'll still filter the water.  Cigarettes are far worse for your lungs than just straight marijuana smoke, obviously.  There's significantly more radiation from fertilizers in cigarettes and several god awful toxins that slowly kill you.  My second guess would be a lung infection.  Smoking anything destroys cilia that coats your respiratory tract, which makes you more prone to lung infections.  If you're phlegm is green/yellow, that means it's a lung infection and you might want to go see a doctor.  If it's clear, then there is no infection and that's just your lungs natural way of getting rid of whatever is irritating your lungs. 

10. #10 Bikesnweed, Jun 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2013
    Have you ever tried vaping? That's the only way to go for me now. If you buy a good one you get all of the good and none of the bad!