Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Coughing too much?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by dcompton1994, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Hey, so whats the deal with me coughing my lungs out all the time? I'm not buying KB but its also not total shit weed either. So is there any tips of hints to make the hits smoother? After smoking it also seems to burn my throat a little. I guess i DO take bigger hits than anyone else i smoke with, so i know maybe i sound dumb, but just curious if there are any tips or tricks? i have a pipe and a pretty decent bubbler with a defused stem. and it almost seems i cough more with the bubbler? well any and all info is helpful, and i know I'm going to get the "your a dumb-ass" responses but ill take what help i can get.
    So thank you, and happy smoking!:smoke:

2. Use a vaporizer from now on and don't worry about the coughing as much, you'll know it's from the heat and not the smoke. It'll give you piece of mind, otherwise just assume it's the heat irritation from the smoke. Just chill on it for a few days. [​IMG]
    Cheers.

3. I have the same "problem" with taking the biggest hits in the party of smokers I'm with and it tends to lead to me coughing my brains out. I've found taking a day or two off and letting your throat/lungs do whatever they got to do to mend themselves, then come back and try again. And as for Larry420, I agree if you can invest into a vaporizer I'd suggest to do so if you are having an issue with straight smoke.

Edit: And when I said a day off, I meant switching over to the vaporizer for a few days :D

4. i cough like a bitch and ive been smoking for 5 years. some people are just more prone to it. i have a friend that can take the biggest rips and not cough at all even as we watch flaming scoobs fly down his throat. everybody's different

5. get a fucking rig man and start dabbing, holy ssssssHIT im high.

6. You might just have sensitive lungs. More you smoke, more they'll toughen up. I used my bong for the first time again about 2 weeks ago after not using for half a month. The first few even smallish rips had me coughing like a fuckin monster. But after taking a little hour break in between sesh's and then smoking again, it was much easier on my lungs.

7. Don't rip bowls, etc. They don't cool the smoke.

Other than that, bring water, don't take giant rips, and once you feel a slight itch just stop rippin it.

Or you could vape/edib

8. Haha ok guys, thanks for the positive comments, just didn't want to sound like a bitch. So thinking about the vape, what do you think about bongs? would that help? or better weed? i heard vapes waste weed.

9. bongs are good. vapes are awesome if you get a good one and do it right

10. If you smoke the vape right you will have very minimal waste. As for a bong versus a bowl? Bongs > Bowls

11. i feel like a vape rips at my throat even harder then a pipe would. i suggest taking hits that are half the size of the ones you normally take. you should also eat a cough drop while smoking it will help alot

12. theres nothin wrong with coughing everybody does it. jus take smaller hits and have a glass of water when you blaze

13. ok! thanks guys!