Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Coughing lot

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by monsterhill, Apr 10, 2009.

1. I have been smoking weed for about a week i have 1 a day 2 max in a rollup with tobacco
    and lately i have been coughing a lot and finding it harder too breath but i think it may be anxiety as i have suffered from anxiety a lot in the past.

Does marijuana cause any of those things? i am a bit worried about it.

2. It can cause anxiety and panic attacks, but its rare I think... not sure.

3. ahaha yea weed can cause anxiety in people, in my long career of smoking ive had one panic attack while smoking, but i was a novice and scared of cops. but coughing is common, i play it off usually as allergies. just take a break once in a while, if necessary take cough meds, or halls to clear up ur throat when its really bad.

4. Iv smoked cigarettes on and off for years i am a light weight smoker but new to weed and never before have i had such a weird cough. It just worried me a bit. I have not had a cough when smoking tobacco.

5. Realize that tobacco and marijuana are two TOTALLY different herbs. it's smoke will be a totally different consistency, and harshness as compared to marijuana. If you don't like coughing, do what I did when I was new to MJ. From your marijuana cigaretter (Aka Joint) draw smoke into your mouth, then purse your lips like you're going to whistle and inhale strongly. The high speed air moving across your lips will cool the smoke in your mouth and allow you to smoothly hit your Jay, and reduce the coughing effect you get. Although the exhale may be a little different. If you cough on the exhale try dropping your jaw and relaxing your chest instead of generally exhaling. It'll be easier on the throat. Good question to see, as opposed to some of the other stuff I see on the apprentice forum. Also, you could try getting a small bubbler or even a mini bong (Gasscity has a great price on the Molino Mini's I think like $15 or $19 for one.) and that would help immensly.

Happy Toking
    The Genius

6. I picked up a small glass bong today its like a pipe made out of glass you can fit it in your pocket. it looks neat.

Would it be better too just smoke the weed rather then tobacco mixed with it? I just don't like the cough.

been coughing for two days straight now.

7. Lol, I used to cough all the time when I smoked. Now I'm convinced I CAN'T cough when smoking, even when I try to take massive hits, my lungs just say "is that it, pussy". Guess i'm just lucky :smoking::smoking::hello:.

8. Maybe you have a cold.

Take a couple halls or something similar when it gets bad. Other than that we can't help you very much farther.

9. #9 negro101, Apr 10, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
    dont smoke tobacco. They have proved weed doesnt do anything to ur lungs, but it does produce a lot of phlegm so it mite make u cough. Try taking smaller hits, or slow down a little. And yea, smoke weed by itself. it'll help wit the cough and get u higher if u smoke a cig after smokin bud. point is, dont mix tobbaco and weed.

if ur cough gets bad, take a few cough drops..

10. if ur gonna use a pipe or bong, do not mix tobacco with it. u want pure mary jane rips. the bong will also cool down the smoke substantially, so u shouldnt be coughing much.

11. I will try that