Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Coughing hard after inhaling?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Harren, Dec 19, 2014.

1. #1 Harren, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2014
    I vaporize bud and the coughing hurts, do u get used to it with time or its just part of it?

also would appreciate if u have any tips to cough less and still get high

2. Only vape MJ that has been cured for at least 90 days. Even in a pipe, it should go down without coughing even for newer smokers....

3. #3 Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Dec 19, 2014
    Hardly a solution for most stoners. With accessibility and price being factors. Can't have the pleasure of spending 100/q on weed just to smoke 3 months later

Op: you get used to coughing.
    Vaping dries out your throat some, so have some water nearby and work on general hydration

4. Pretttttty sure he meant from harvest. Even then, why? I've clipped a nug off a living plant and vaped it so I'm not sure what these guys talking about.

5. Yeah, most plants from harvest aren't sitting around for months, hell many dispensary growers don't even cure for long periods. Either way, you're not getting cured weed in most states, especially non mmj (including East coast mmj States since they're a joke) States.

But curing can make a smoother smoke, but I think the dryness and freshness of your buds would make a bigger difference than converting carbs to sugars would.

6. #6 Genghis Chron, Dec 19, 2014
    I cure my weed for a year before smoking. Its like air.

Sent from a Pineapple under the Sea.

7. #7 The real spliff shady, Dec 19, 2014
    I hate the cough you get from vaping. It's like a strong itch in the back of your throat and no amount of coughing will remove it. Either no matter how much you feel like coughing hold it in cuz' after 2 coughs its not going to make a difference it won't get rid of that itch. I have a volcano diget that hasn't been used for years cuz I hate the cough it gives me. I only mostly hit bongs now I know vapes are healthier and taste better, but I'm not a health nut and bongs get me alot higher faster and the cough though kinda hard is satisfying as it atleast brings up the phlegm that is causing the cough also it doesn't give you as much of an itch in the back of your throat.

8. You can always try edibles. If not, try taking puffs instead of full on tokes. You may have to vape a bit more, but you can get high that way too.

Just for the record, I still cough on a first hit after a t-break. I cough continuously for about a minute after the first hit. Then after that, I can toke away with no problem.

9. I believe you have the EQ and do mostly whips right?

Take smaller hits. I barely cough with the EQ but I also have a water beside me to take care of the occasional dry throat I sometimes get.

Vapes like dry weed more than wet/damp, improperly cured weed. The dryer the better IMO.

Yes, I'm taking smaller hits now but it takes more time to get high lol I guess I have no other option for now

11. Try vapor bonging! Best of both worlds

12. try lowering your temp