Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Coughing does not get you higher

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by MMan, Apr 19, 2011.

1. i hear people say "coughing gets you higher" all the time. no, it doesnt. If the weed is really fuckin dry then your gonna cough alot. so this means the people getting higher from coughing is because they are smoking really good weed that has been dryed out.

i just snapped out of my line of thoughts, didnt even realize i made this thread. i just smoked really dry weed:smoke:

2. I always figured it came from the fact that the bigger the hit you take, the more likely you are to cough (especially for newer smokers.) So if you are coughing, you may have just taken a really huge hit (not that the coughing is actually what gets you higher.)

3. its the lack of oxygen kid

4. Uhh brah? Coughing gets you higher maaaannnn

5. It may infact get you higher, Coughing would bring more freshair to the lungs forcing the thc to absorb even faster and work better through your body. I find when i cough it refresh's my high.

6. Yes OP is wrong. Bad OP

7. I heard that coughing opens up the vessels ( or w/e you want to call em) in the throat, which is a deeper exposure for thc to reach making you get higher.

8. Dry weed is always fine for me, it's the damp stuff that's not cured/dried properly that really burns your throat and lungs.

9. I heard that it opens up a flap or something in your throat, so more thc is being exposed.

My little bitch friend though is using this as an excuse for having pussy lungs. That shit is just annoying.

10. I just figured it's cuz it's a huge rip, and it's "the hit that gets you high."

11. It's better to believe that coughing gets you higher because even if it doesn't (which I'm quite sure it does), you'll experience a placebo effect and think you're higher.

12. This is true, When you cough with smoke in your lungs, the skin around your lungs expands, also opening the pours in your lungs that the smoke is able to travel through and then it goes into your blood steam. Coughing opens up the pours that have not seen much exposure to smoke.

forget what those holes are called, its not pours but w/e.

13. I always say hold the smoke in or use a containment method to trap thc.

14. Coughing makes me like 10 times higher

15. your wrong . its from oxygen deprevation .

16. and theres no need for that . most thc is absorbed within 3 seconds

17. No. Your body does not experience oxygen deprivation from coughing.

18. they're called alveoli :smoke:

oxygen (and weed smoke) is absorbed into the bloodstream via the alveoli in your lungs. coughing exposes more alveoli, thus more thc is absorbed.

i love coughing.