Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Coughing a lot! Is this normal?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by KarnsteinRecs, Jan 3, 2012.

1. So around March I went from never smoking at all to smoking every night (from a pipe, no tobacco) and a few months later, smoked several times a day (again no tobacco). Since about october I've had a pretty heavy, pretty obvious-sounding smokers cough, am particularly phlegmy and tend to get a sore throat more often than usual (not really a problem though). None of this bothers me per se but I'm wondering what it is my body is telling me to do. I'm in the process of cutting down to one bowl a night (and once I'm used to that again, once every two nights or maybe less (I use weed to treat my anxiety so cutting out all of a sudden does not work)) and I hope I see a difference in coughing/phlegming but I'm not sure. I figure this might be a common topic but I did forum search first, but most of the threads were too specific (coughing up blood etc - I don't have those symptons).

So is this normal? Should I be worried? Will cutting down help? Is it worth seeing a doctor at this point?

2. I should add, its never a painful cough, mostly just the product of too much phlegm. It's more like a cough to clear the throat of phlegm, although there is definitely some irritation too though...although the cause could be excessive coughing, not the smoke.

3. See a doctor if your concerned or otherwise accept this as a by product of virgin lungs.

4. id do 1 bowl a night and do lots of cardio to clear those lungs dude....maybe try edibles for a while

5. it's normal. calm down, smaller hits. you'll be fine. unless you have asthma or some other chronic congestional problem.

6. I've been having the same problem lately, and I've been considering investing in a hemp wick. Perhaps you should consider it as well :)

7. [quote name='"MondoFiction"']I've been having the same problem lately, and I've been considering investing in a hemp wick. Perhaps you should consider it as well :)[/quote]

ya prepare for disappointment, I bought a shit ton of it online and it says organic hemp from Cali and organic beeswax from Hawaii, when I get it it reads- Made in China
    so fuck that stupid company besides after buying it I prefer lighters even more it doesn't burn the same