Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

cough it up...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Zylark, Dec 26, 2002.

1. Anyone else been there, taking a toke and coughing as mad. When You're really unlucky, you'll blow the stash on a rocket ride out of the pipe!

But seriously, I think I might have a problem, when doing a fattie (as opposed to the slims I usually do) I almost always react by coughing slightly on the two-three first tokes. After that it's OK, but it bothers me. It wasn't like that before. I could take a deep lung hit with whatever without even blinking an eye. No more, I gotta get oiled up first. Sigh...

2. Lol practice makes perfect? He's been on this forum for 7 years so who knows how long he's been toking. Also he says this isn't always how it's been. Coughing =! skills (Wtf are "toking skills" anyways)

as for OP I guess it's just a smokers cough? I don't know sometimes I never cough from any hit and sometimes I'll cough and idk why it wasn't even a big hit or really good weed.

I wouldn't let it bother me. Coughing makes me feel higher anyways.

3. You must have just started smoking yesterday.

4. You're a fucking idiot.

directed at pass

oh and take a hike or something it'll suck mad dick when you're doing it but it'll help get some of that flem and shit out

also mucinex can help

another thing is try not holding your hit in as long

5. Well, it happens to me all the time. I mean it is kinda normal seeing as how smoke isn't exactly the most pleasant things for your lungs.

Or maybe it's just smokers cough? Maybe your sick? Not really sure, I've always took coughing as a good sign.

6. Well, this thread have been revived from the dead. A big long 6 years and some change revive actually.

On a bright note, nothing have gotten worse. Still, when doing joints everything is fine, but when doing bongs, the first two-three hits provoke coughing fits of varying degree.

I suppose my lungs will only deal with so much concentration of burned fauna before letting me know I've overdone it without the proper warm-up first.

Like an old, I mean, mature, car, coughing into eventual smooth running on a very cold monday morning...

:D