Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cough attacks?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by soulx, Dec 10, 2006.

1. I use to smoke cigerettes n shit there for around 3 years (i quit 2-3 months ago).. and i used to smoke dope a fair bit back 3 yrs ago.. i only smoke occasionally now..

When i smoke joints im fine i could smoke them all night long no probs without coughing 1 bit etc..

I know people say its normal to get the occasional cough attack.. but now when i go to take a pipe/bong/bucket or w/e .. but when i take those i always cough really heavily and sometimes panic because off it.. i can never clear a full bucket etc because off the fear off these cough attacks etc.. This never really used to happen , im 20 yrs old now and smoking weed again..

This is normal? does the heavy coughin go away or what?? I smoke just to get stoned i dont have a medical condition btw..

2. My throat was damaged from croupe as a baby and I smoke cigs and weed go figure, I get bronchittis a lot and sometimes I get those coughing fits, it feels like I'm having an asthma attack it sucks.

Sometimes smoking a lot can damage your throat and you just need some down time to let it heal and then you should stop coughing

3. I never liked to smoke bongs, because they made me cough too hard. I prefer to just stick with joints. Some people like the coughing though, because they say it gets them higher. I'd say it is a normal reaction and nothing to panic about.

4. when i smoked cigs i never coughed from weed. but now that i have quit i do, and if i try to smoke cigs its like the first time i started
    i get all light headed and cough my lung up - lol

but i think it will go away
    maybe if u try a tripple perc
    i have one and i never cough on it no matter had big a toke i take

hope ur lungs feel better
    peace

5. Well when i did smoke i coughed still when taking a pipe/bong .. anyway whats a tripple perc? ....

Im put off by bongs n pipes now cuz of the mad coughin i do , i was told alot of water + ice in a bong will sort that problem out

6. what is a triple perc??

7. a bong that perculates 3x.

DXM man, DXM. :D

really though, you're good. coughing is generally just a sign of irritation. perfectly normal because if you think about it you're forcing smoke, which is not a natural thing at all, into your lungs. now if you start coughing up blood or something then i'd start worrying.

edit: the reason you're coughing from the bongs and all of that is because of the fact that you're taking in more smoke (larger quantity).

8. This shouldnt really be in the medical section.

It really all just depends on the person, I wouldn't say its weird if you cough. Thats just how your lungs work I guess. Maybe you are hitting to hard or something cause sometimes i don't cough at all and then sometimes i hit it wrong and I cough like crazy.

Maybe you don't smoke often enough to where you're lungs are use to it, people i know who don't smoke to often usually cough a lot more when they do cough.

Maybe try taking smaller hits, that might help. Try a bong with ice in it or something, that really helps.