cotyledons appeared but no leavs yet...(5 days)

Discussion in 'Outdoor Marijuana Growing' started by SolRebl, May 11, 2006.

1. Anybody come across something similar. Ok so I put my baby outsdie early when the tip broke through soil. I have pretty harsh sun up here in the mountains. I think it might have messed up my poor seedling. It has had the cotyledons for 5 days now and still no real leaves. Is it hopeless?:(

2. Hey, im no expert but i have plenty of experience. I use the miracle grow type fertilizers, and have had no problem with it. Basically give it a very very watered down shot of nutes, you should still be able to see the blue in the water :confused: confused dont be it wont hurt your plant. Let soak for about 12 hours then flush every day after that with regular water for at least 2-three days. This should boost your seedlings growth.:cool:

I threw some beans in the ground 6 days ago and watered it with a little fertilzer, didnt even germinate them, they sprouted within 3 days and look very healthy even though i geve them fertilizer.

I'll come back and tell you in a week or two how they are doing or just look for my thread on this subject in this forum. Labled Fertilizing before germination.
    P
    E
    A
    C
    E

3. guess I'll try that...

4. pretty sure it got fried. there's no way it wouldn't form leaves after 5 days.

5. MJ is a tropical plant and can take full tropical sun immediately on sprouting, you have not fried them.

But I find that as the cotyledons separate, the first 2 little proper leaves are there, small but beautifully formed.

But sometimes plants go wrong and die, sadly, as do people.

6. I have found that it is always best to start the plants inside first. once they become established then you can move them outside. Wait untill they have a good root system first. then put them outside for afew hours a day to climatize them. do that for about a week and they should be ready to transplant outdoors. Also if moving them in and out is a problem plant them outside but keep them in the shade for the first few weeks. Higher elevation can burn babies pretty bad. Hope this helps!:D

7. Also try giving them some superthrive, before and after transplanting. This stuff gives the plant a nice boost.:D

8. No, you do NOT need to acclimatize MJ to the sun. As I stated above, it is a tropical plant and can take full sun immediately. (Jeez, don´t you get pissed off saying the same thing over again to people who can´t or won´t read it)

I do germinate mine in the warmth of a heated shed, but as soon as the cotyledons show, outside with them. They get leggy if they do not get sun straight away.

9. [quote name='Spanishfly']No, you do NOT need to acclimatize MJ to the sun. As I stated above, it is a tropical plant and can take full sun immediately. (Jeez, don´t you get pissed off saying the same thing over again to people who can´t or won´t read it)

No reason to get pissed off spanishfly I am just stating my opinion and experiences growing in the mountians. This has worked for me many times when just planting the babies outside failed.

I hope you have better luck on the next one! If you have any questions for me please feel free to PM me.HAPPY PLANTING!:D

HE WHO ANGERS YOU CONQUERS YOU !

10. IMO there is no one way , people have different ways of growing for thier situation.

11. Ok people. Thanx for the replies. I wish it could have been burnt by the sun...it would be a simpler explanation. However after observing the bottom of the container the seedling was in. I saw the taproot coming through. I realized suddenly that perhaps the container was to small! The taproot might not have had enough room to grow and so the growth got stunted. It's the only explanation I can come up with. The ctyledons don't look burned (they ar a pale green however...recent development). In any case I transplanted it in soil today. Hopefully it will recover and grow well. Transplanting in general was hell though...My first time doing it. I really messed up the root system on one of the other plants I was transplanting...I cut the roots in half accidentally LOL. If it recovers I'll be happy man. It was my first sprout:-(

12. Sometimes babies just don´t make it for no apparent reason. Sadly it can happen with people too.

13. And I meant to say, sorry if I offended anyone.

14. Yeah i think they got fried.

Grasscity Deals Near You