Costumes/Cosplay

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by Digu Miki, Oct 13, 2012.

1. So are you folks as excited for Halloween as I am? What are you gonna be if you dress up at all or even celebrate this hallmark holiday? I just orded a maid costume that I wanted to wear to a halloween party, but its being shipped from china so it wont get here till after halloween. . . But that's okay I'm just gonna be a crazy killer (easy and casual costume lol.)

This brings me to my next interest of cosplaying. The costume I ordered will be getting to me in time for Anime USA, a convention in DC which I'm wickedly excited to go to.
    Do any of you blades like to dress up as your fav anime character?

Or are you too cool for that sorta thing :smoke:

2. If I had $300 to actually splurge, I'd get this:

[​IMG]
    Sexy Chewbacca!

I used to cosplay ...a lot. My last cosplay was years ago and I was apart of a large Sailor Moon cosplay group. I was Chibi Usa:
    [​IMG]
    After two years some of the members got into it and we split, and that was right around the time I actually started working at anime, sci-fi, comic book conventions all around the US. Every fucking weekend it was a new city and a new con. When I began working at the cons I would dress up as a character for one day out of the con weekend. I shortly stopped doing that because being away from home a month at a time I could only bring so much luggage and toting around costumes was a lot of space and maintenance, plus certain wigs would give me a headache after some time on the floor. Working in the dealers room is a hella lot of work but I do miss it. :)

3. That sounds fun, I always wondered how do you exactly start being a promotional cosplayer? Do you have to be recognized online or something?

4. I started going to conventions at age 12, I got into cosplaying just going to conventions and seeing all the people dressed up. It just looked like fun to me so I began to dress up to partake in the fun. While attending conventions in Tampa and Orlando I met a lot of awesome friends socializing at conventions and we began to spread out and do more conventions together than in just Tampa in Orlando and began getting recognized and started doing elaborate cosplay (and cosplay groups) together doing all the cosplay contests as well as branching out, signing up and partaking in human chess matches and hosting panels at conventions. That is the best way I can explain, but that is just my story. Lol! :)