Costs

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by eajusa, Apr 19, 2012.

1. About how much is it going to costs me to set up an indoor grow area that will eventually provide me with an ounce once every month?

2. This question is way too vague. The topic is exceptionally subjective.

How much money do you want to spend?

You can grow an ounce a month for pretty cheap, but it may not give the best results. Growing good weed costs money, sometimes a lot. It's like expecting a Porsche on a Camry budget.

3. I disagree - it'll probably cost you around $400. 150 in lights (id go CFL if ur only going for a zip a month) 100 in box building (if you build it yourself.. a 2-cab set up with a staggered monthly harvest would be an easy build) and 150 for accessories (nutes, ph meter, hygrometer, pots fans etc). Of course, if you've got household stuff lying around like old computers, old lamps, or whatever, you can cut down on the cost significantly. You can also get a free dresser off craigslist and gut it - save yourself some money ;)

4. an oz a month.... well buy some ply wood and make a box and make a door with a hinge... id go with indoor autos... planting two eaach month (for 1 oz a mnth at minimum)
    grow area: id say 35 for some plywood and hinges
    light for a two plant op: 400 Watt - T15 - Metal Halide - Tubular Envelope - Unprotected Arc Tube - 4200K - ANSI M59/E - Horizontal Burn - MH400/T15/HOR/4K - PLT 991327 | 1000Bulbs.com
    9 bucks
    mylar:10
    ferts and soil and nutrients: 60 (thats plenty)
    fan: 20 ( 1 intake 1 outake)
    .... if you need to worry about smell then add
    2 ONA 6 oz blocks: 20
    ducting: 5
    thats a grandtotal of: exactly 99 Dollards

5. ma bad... i forgot to add a ballast that another 40 bucks...