Costco

Discussion in 'General' started by Wet Horse Lips, Jun 12, 2010.

1. I work at Costco as of a month ago.

It's a fucking awesome place to work.

Any other blades work at Costco/like to do their shopping there?

2. I like to shop there because of the size of everything.

75 apple juice cartons!! And crazy shit like that. Yes, I appreciate. Chase that paper boo :)

3. wet horse lips <3

royksopp <3333

4. costco muffins are the shit!!!!!!

I go in there and buy like 4 dozens of muffins.

5. Sorry. Sam's customer here. well at least my mom is.

6. Yes, I have heard of good ol' Sam's.

Similar business, though, right?

7. Costco churros are the fucking BEST! I've always wanted to work at Costco stacking them boxes way the fuck up there. I heard they pay you above minimum wage so that's a plus.

8. I don't want Costco to somehow find out if I post negative shit about them (which I won't) because I can get fired if they find out I'm giving them a bad reputation (but why would I because the job is awesome).

Yeah, working in merchandising with forklifts would be fun... after hours is nuts, guys just racing around on them... I'm in the front end, just bagging stuff and assisting customers, but I also work in the lot getting carts and carry outs. I'll probably be trained on cash eventually.

I'll tell you that the starting wage for all Costco employees in Ontario is $11/hr, so yes, it's a good wage. Raises every 800hrs worked too, I think. Costco is in its own league - you CAN have a successful career there. During orientation, I was told that there are cashiers making 50K a year. That is wack; I have never heard of that kind of salary for a cashier.

9. Yup. I guess its either Costco or Sams cause I have never seen both in the same town

10. #10 redchrons, Jun 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2010
    I shop there for sure, never seen anyone remotely close to my age work there (I'm 20). No offense, my Costco is in a middle class area not very many college level students around it either.

Great place to explore when you're stoned and eat all the free samples lol. Its awesome because if you get lucky they'll have like vitamin water and chicken or pizza out and chex mix...

edit: Holy shit $50k a year? That's insanity, are you sure lol?

11. i bought my wakeboard there, and my first guitar.

ive been playing for 6 years since and bought 4 since then
    i can rip shit on my new fender.

12. Costco has a program called CSRP... something College Students something something... anyways, if you're in college, they won't let you work during the time school is on, but as soon as you're out, you can go back to working where you left off, at the same pay and everything.

Basically, I never need another job if I so choose.

And yes, that was everyone's reaction as well. 50k. Granted, I think the cashiers working at that salary have been at Costco for a few years at least.

Good to hear, man! Wait, does your Costco sell Fender guitars? I went to Long & McQuade for mine... but if Costco sold those... I'd be like "YES."

13. Sam's Club customer here. I go there to buy all the goods I need. My mother also works there, so the bit of a discount is good.

14. O, I didn't know that about Costco....Mine is pretty close but due to some family issues I don't want to bore GC with I don't have my own car for awhile. So sadly I can't work there but it would be awesome to work there over summer even though everyone I see is old and weird.

15. Costco is only my favorite place in the world. :p
    They have EVERYTHING!

16. Fuck yes. I buy muffins and those giant cookies and of course giant packs of Yoohoo.