Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Costco saliva test?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by morisnov, Jun 29, 2011.

1. I have heard costco saliva tests and I have an interview tomorrow at 2:30, I smoked an hour ago, not knowing of this interview, am I fine?

2. as long as they dont drug test you on the spot, yes.

3. Also to add it was like .05g and it was my first time in 1mth and 1/2

4. there is still thc left in your fat cells, which will most likely appear on the test.

5. Took the costco saliva test two years ago. Smoked the day before and passed with flying colors the next day. Brush your teeth super well, use mouthwash, floss, do not smoke in the morning. Take all precautions.

6. I'm feeling that with the saliva test they aren't too worried about weed, as it is the smallest timeframe of any drug on the saliva test.

7. THC only shows up on a saliva test if you have smoked within like 2 days.

Most inexperienced testers just swab the inside of your mouth for a sample of the cheek cells, when a proper test would involve swabbing the top, tight area of the mouth between the gums and inside of the cheek, so use a lot of mouthwash before you go because that will wear down the cells on the inside of your cheek.

My friend's mom used to be a nurse and she told us all about saliva tests.

8. (6.1)Testing for alcohol or drugs is a form of medical examination. Any employment-related medical examination or inquiry must be limited to determining an individual’s ability to perform the essential requirements of the job. An employer must therefore demonstrate that pre-employment drug or alcohol testing effectively assesses an applicant’s ability to discharge their employment responsibilities. Since a positive pre-employment drug or alcohol test cannot predict whether the individual will be impaired at any time while on the job, pre-employment testing may not be shown to be reasonably necessary to accomplish the legitimate goal of hiring workers who will not be impaired at work11.

Pre-employment drug or alcohol testing is permitted only in limited circumstances, such as when the individual has disclosed an existing or recent history of drug or alcohol abuse, or where a pre-employment medical exam provides the physician with reasonable cause to believe that an individual may be abusing drugs or alcohol and therefore may become impaired on the job. In addition, commercial bus and truck operations can subject their drivers to pre-employment testing12.

However, an employer cannot automatically withdraw offers of employment from prospective employees who fail their drug or alcohol test, without first addressing the issue of accommodation13.

Applicants for employment who have signed a waiver or release agreeing to undergo a pre-employment drug test may still be able to file a human rights complaint if they have been treated unfavourably or are denied employment as a result of testing positively.

good news, this is the law in canada regarding pre-employment drug testing, so if I test positive they still cannot discriminate against me.

9. Okay HYDROGEN PEROXIDE SIR!:) just don't swallow it but keep it in your mouth for a good while!

10. You should be okay. Just rub the swab on your cheek the whole time... Hydrogen Peroxide wouldn't hurt either. I didn't get tested at the interview for my job, but it could be different for you.
    I'm pretty sure it's illegal for them to test you until you get the job and you don't find that out at the interview.

11. I didn't get tested and I asked an employee if they did drug test and they said that they only do after you are involved in an accident in the workplace.

12. I smoke every single day. I stopped for 2 weeks, got called for a drug test at Costco (took the test at the store I applied for) . I went in & they made me swab both cheeks for about 5 minutes they took the swab & put it inside the box. Got the results in less than a minute & passed !! I brushed like a mad man rinsed with hydrogen poroxcide & listerine every day for the 2 weeks I was clean.