Costco drug testing in Colorado

Discussion in 'General' started by RevRot, Apr 22, 2011.

1. So I have an interview next Tuesday at Costco and I've done some research on whether or not they drug test. They do. My question is if anyone knows what kind of drug test this specific one does (Westminster, CO). Let me know fast, I want to smoke a bowl if its just saliva. :D

2. It's probably I piss test noone does the saliva tests

3. dude they do saliva tests all over CO lol.... But for costco it MAY be a piss test.... cant really say for sure

4. It's gonna be the standard 5-tier or 7-tier drug test...
    Opiates
    Marijuana
    Benzos
    PCP
    Cocaine
    Amphetamines

That's basically it. Anything else you wanna test for is gonna cost serious gwap.

5. They also random drug test after employment. For the pre-employment screening they will probably give you an appointment the day of your interview to go piss.

6. Randoms sound like an all around bummer. I didn't see anything online about randoms without having some sort of on job accident, but that is most places.

7. I searched and most places said saliva. Which means don't smoke anything for about 12 hours tops before your interview (in case you do well, they may test you then) :D 18 and past would be totally safe. Hope this helps

8. I'll ask my father about it tomorrow when I bring the kids to see him in the hospital. He's worked for them for 13 years and knows. In the least expect the pre-hire UA, that is standard for retail.

9. Thanks for all the help guys. Looks like I'll be buying some synthetic just in case. Almost took a 48 hour tolerance break while panicking. :hello:

Man I can't help but feel like this is a huge privacy intrusion.

10. yeah sucks but they do it for a reason.. good luck though, decent place to work, stock options, insurance, 401k, bonuses, Christmas parties with cool prizes (like 56 inch HDTVs lol) and you get a few memberships for the family, friends & yourself.

11. Yes sir. Right now any job is a good job. XD

12. Costco Is a good company, the fer sure piss test

13. What up! So some of the above answers look like guesses, I've worked there for about year, and I can tell you that they don't piss test, (at my location at least, which is the Colorado Springs one), they saliva test at hiring, but they don't piss test, they might if you look like a total stoner, but if you look like a professional guy who want's the job, you'll be fine. I smoked about 3 days before my swab, and was good, but right before, gargle with hydrogen peroxide just in case, kills the cells in your mouth. And yes they do piss test if you get in an injury. So just be careful and don't be an idiot and show up high. Hope this helps, and I'm actually pretty sure that MOST Costcos only saliva test in Colorado. Good luck mate!