Cost of air conditioning for U.S. troops in MidEast more than NASA budget

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Rotties4Ever, Aug 5, 2011.

1. How is falling into the militaries propaganda being patriotic? First off if America was truly patriotic about our country we wouldn't be there in the fucking first place. We have been over in the middle east since the beginning of the 20th century, after WW1. But the things we have done in the past provoked 9/11, and if you think 3000 civilians dieting is bad compared to massive civilian casualties during soviet occupation(which America gave the Mujahadeen a massive amount of modern military weapons and then when Russia left america did the same and the Mujahadeen split up into groups like the Taliban which they used the weapons to kill each other for power of Afghanistan.), gulf war, Iraq war, Afghanistan war.

The point I'm trying to make is that way more than 3000 people die in other countries and there revenge doesnt cost trillions of dollars and eventually will make there economy collapse. Thats not patriotism. Patriotism is the revolutionary war, people where fighting for a damn reason and that reason was freedom.

2. there was another clip floating around the web a while back about how they (us soldiers) had thirsty poor kids running after them, because the soldiers were tasked with giving out bottled water.
    sick fucks made the kids chase them while they rode around in their hummers all laughs and smiles video tapping the event from the back of the vehicle, makes me sick they are part of the human race like me.

3. Have you considered that real patriots don't blindly go along with whatever the current government tells them just because those are the people currently in power, and that real patriots feel that America is better than starting wars we can't win, just for oil and a few families financial gain?

It's foolhardy to assume they're over there protecting us. Protecting us from what, exactly?

Most of those people they're 'protecting us' from, seem to be surviving just fine without a/c by the way.

What the US military is actually doing over there is inciting rage, drawing attention to us, reminding the world daily that we're spread too far, and too thin, which sort of goes very against keeping us safe on our home soil.
    It leaves us very vulnerable, and even then, we're still nice and comfy, and safe here.

Some people seem to take it for granted so much, how safe we are, that they actually become pro-war, all safely voicing this opinion from their computer screens, with a bowl in one hand and a beer in the other. Some people however have actually seen action and others have lost family, and they know better.

If you want safety, for both us AND the troops, lets bring those fellows back home where they belong.

I love the troops, and I love the government officials who actually do their jobs right.
    But what makes me a true patriot? Is that I'm against the puppet masters pulling the strings, causing so much suffering and death, for their own financial benefit.

It's a little silly that, any time someone disagrees with the way the system is -currently- being run, someone decides that it's somehow 'unpatriotic'.

Some folks would benefit from a flip through the dictionary, to remind themselves what the word actually means!

4. #24 gwardmonger316, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I don't think it's that black and white. We've all deviated from perfection, but we're all people. Ideally, no one should stand above another. The us v. them, good v. evil thing only goes so far.

5. AC is nice

But we aren't FIGHTING anybody over there. Just random insurgents with ak-47's and turbins

This is a huge waste of money. Get the troops home. We have plenty of oil here to drill it's just those pesky environmentalists that want us to destroy every other country but our own

Honestly...there were no WMD's, we got Saddam, and Osama is "dead" one way or another.

6. Who volunteers in the military? When I was in the Navy I got paid...

The point is that our economy sucks and we're wasting billions in places where we simply do not belong. We spend billions on our troops in Germany and Japan every year...why the fuck do we do that? Wouldn't that money be far better spent on technological advances than on keeping some kids who couldn't get a better job (infantry boys are just cannon fodder) cool in a place where they shouldn't even be in the first place? I'd rather spend the same money and put those boys through engineering school or medical school or even horticultural school.

Our priorities are really fucked up. We wouldn't have an economic crisis if we pulled our troops out of every country where we're not actively engaging (and even in those ones we could cut our troop size in half) and put those people to work here in the US instead. A soldier stationed in Germany does jack shit for our economy, but if he's working on fixing the interstate highways while living in Oklahoma, he's spending money in American stores and fixing America. On top of that, we should end the embargo with Cuba (cause Saudi Arabia and China are far worse to their people), legalize and regulate/tax prostitution and gambling in addition to ending the drug war and legalizing and regulating/taxing the newly legal drugs. If the TEA Party honestly cared about taxes and budgets, they'd be yelling for us to slash our military budget by 75% or more.

7. matters very little that you are against, fact remains you (not you specifically, but americans) killed your last real president, and puppets ruled and keep on ruling.

while you may or may not agree with this whole video
    please watch the JFK speech at 3:38 and Im not just posting this for you but for everyone here,
    bonus: who can tell me when he made that speech ( i wanna know how long before he got assassinated)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP9q61Fjlqo&list=FLFK77mez5TKY&index=11]What Are We Capable Of - THIS IS ANONYMOUS! - YouTube[/ame]

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

8. Patriotism is love for your country, not love for the government of your country and its foreign policy.

Patri - father, love for your fatherland.

You could be an emigrated Venezuelan who hates Chavez, but if you love Venezuela, you're still patriotic.

9. I think its safe to say that it does. I have a hard time convincing myself that Mother Theresa or Ghandi are on par with Stalin and Hitler. Differences exist. Perfection is an idea brought to us by religion, which is another topic of its own. Perfection doesn't exists, so we shouldn't be judged as if it does. Ghandi was better than Stalin, no matter what.

10. Not sue what you're even trying to get at here.. but you're part of the globe too, so you're just as responsible as the rest of us, regardless what country you hide out in.

If you think the US people have any say in the matter, you're not very informed ;)

11. #31 gwardmonger316, Aug 11, 2011
    Those people were driven by greed and hate, but they were someone's baby first. They weren't born inherently evil, they developed into what they were. Not all good people walk the good path, some are mangled and brainwashed before they make it to being "good people." Drug addicts, for example. Or you and I. We were all children. I was raised in a conservative christian environment, but I developed my own perception. Soldiers are the same, just lost.

Anyway, you have a great and valid point. I'm sure we can agree that the the government is not doing it right. I'm sure we're all thinking something similar. "Why are we still puppets, why do we let this happen, why does the government manipulate our country/world this way? Etc."
    So why no uprising, why no militias against the state? I mean, who is going to stop it? Anon? Ron Paul? Seems unlikely. Not saying we're going to organize a revolt on a forum, but what gives, y'know?

Edit: I think my discussion has gone a bit off topic.

12. #32 Rotties4Ever, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2011
    thank another user for this quote it used to be someones sig thats how I learned of it

"Society is, always has been and always will be a structure for the exploitation and oppression of the majority through systems of political force dictated by an élite, enforced by thugs, uniformed or not, and upheld by a willful ignorance and stupidity on the part of the very majority whom the system oppresses." -Richard K. Morgan

"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience. Our problem is that people all over the world have obeyed the dictates of leaders...and millions have been killed because of this obedience...Our problem is that people are obedient allover the world in the face of poverty and starvation and stupidity, and war, and cruelty. Our problem is that people are obedient while the jails are full of petty thieves... (and) the grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem."
    — Howard Zinn

-edit: fact is most us citizens think their gov is fucking dandy, and people like me are viewed as foil hats,

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awy8cmcuBlk[/ame]

13. Ok. Let me address my "fuck you" post. I stand by it 100 percent. Still do, now sober, as I wasn't last night. Now. I was warned for "disrespect" which i think is bullshit. For the simple fact of, the op. Doesn't even live in America. And from other threads It doesn't sound like they have a real good idea as to what actually goes on in the real world or in the united states or in the countries mentioned before. I agree, our nation shouldn't be in those countries, but we are, and I can't change that. So I want to help how I can, a buddy of mine was just shot in Afghanistan (he's ok) well physically. And when I said volunteer I meant in the sense that it's a choice to go. Yes you're paid, but it's something that most people couldn't do and make the judgment of what they should and shouldn't have. As it shows, once rotties point diminished they moved onto how American soldiers kill civilians and enjoy it? Am I understanding that right? So my fuck you still stands, after all this is pandoras box.

14. Wow. This is why paying taxes is a joke. Wasting all our money on military bullshit while Americas starve. They need to cut the military budget by 60 percent,that would solve all our problems. And stop paying those shaved head duche bags so much,

15. #35 kronman907, Aug 11, 2011
    Right ranger Rick. Go shave your head again and get ordered around like a bitch all day.

16. #36 GOLA, Aug 11, 2011
    Yeah. Soldiers are obviously bitches. You're point of view is ignorant. I don't like the war. As I have said. But it doesn't mean we should treat our troops like shit.

You are a (editted because I dont want to get warned again), and could never do what they do or make the choices that they do. It's easy to sit back and make judgments on something you know nothing about.

17. #37 GOLA, Aug 11, 2011
    Well then we should elect you and you should run the country since you have all the answers.

18. #38 kronman907, Aug 11, 2011
    Getting told what to do every day of your life is the meaning of being somebodys bitch. If I told you when you could or couldn't take a piss you would be my bitch. If your implying that I'm a pussy who could'nt run around the desert killing civilians then your right. I have morals. And Those bald little assholes arent tough unless there's 50 of marching around.

19. #39 kronman907, Aug 11, 2011
    I would shot if I ever where put into office. The corporations and the rednecks would r out for blood.

20. The military is just a job. Like being a doctor or selling cat litter at Petco. Some of those in the military are complete jerks, violent assholes who take advantage of women and start barroom brawls. Some are average Joes who simply couldn't find another job that paid as well or had such good benefits. Some are homicidal maniacs who are given an outlet for their mania. Some are true heroes who really want to sacrifice themselves for the good of the nation. But in the end, they're just people and as a group are no better than any other group of people.

In my time in the military I knew some guys who wanted to go to the Middle East just so they could "kill some fucking ragheads" and I knew some who wanted to go there because the pay is higher in "hardship duty". Most of my friends in the military wanted to get stationed anywhere but the Middle East. Like San Diego, Honolulu, Japan, or even in fucking Germany...we're still in fucking Germany 65 years later.