Corruption

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MasterOG, Jun 5, 2011.

1. There's so much corruption in the world, it makes you wonder how bad it'll get as we progress. Almost everywhere you look you have people living in fear of their overpowering governments, which is sad b/c most of these gov. allegedly stand for freedom, but instead push down communist and fascist ideas down our throats. Breaking into our homes for simple possession of a plant, or because we took up our right to bear arms, or for w/e reason. It makes you ask yourself if there is something you can do, i personally get angry and wish i could blow all these fuckers away. But then i take a second to actually think, and realize that there really is nothing i can do, and then it makes me even more angrier!

I hope everything sorts its self out, that truth and justice prevail over greed and tyranny.

What are your thoughts on this?

2. gunz & onez

ron paul 2012

3. I'm hopeful of ron paul but what if he does what obama did and just lie to win the election. Then when he's in office he fucks everything up just like Obama

Its a scare, but i still support Ron Paul

4. he seems genuine

5. I hope its not a facade

6. He seems genuine... so did Obama in 2007.

He's consistent... so was Obama up to 2007.

His followers worship him like a messiah and use flowery words about hope and change and love and challenging the establishment.

7. Obama was only consistent to people not in the know (ie mainstream democrats). Actual progressives knew he wasn't actually a liberal. Thats the opposite of Paul, actual conservatives realize he is the most legit, and the mainstream rejects him.

8. That's what i mean, i hope my fears dont turn out be true if he gets elected

9. we knew obama looked like it could be bullshit with the simple 'change' shit, but hoped he actually would influence a lot of change and progression.. if u listen to what ron paul says and believes u can tell he means it and cares.. i mean i hope so :(

10. Dude, no.

There are enough threads on GC from 2007 to disprove this, everybody with a brain knew Obama was Bush 2.0 from the beginning.

No offense.

11. He seems like a politician. I wouldn't hold hope.

12. if nader actually had a chance at winning would u see him as a fake ass politician? seems r paul cares too

13. I see all politicians as fakes that care only for themselves, seem like a prerequisite toactually becoming one.

14. No, people realized he was speaking in glittering generalities, as aaronman pointed out.

Obama had 0 experience compared to Ron Paul. Ron Paul's history is different than Obama's, because he actually has something to show for it, whereas Obama doesn't. Big difference there, bub.

15. yeah, i realize that, i wasnt really around tv or internet for a while

16. Maybe the Congress should do something useful and make sure you have to pass a political assessment to get the PRIVILEGE to vote, not the RIGHT.

Maybe we'd have less idiots here saying Ron Paul will not do what he promises.

17. my my...lets just wipe our asses with the founding fathers ashes...ever see the movie "Starship Troopers"...some of that films portrayal of a federalist regime should strike a nerve (or two)...:eek:
    (good movie, but the politics in it are scary shit to any true patriot of the USA)

People have a right to their opinions, even you. The disbelief in any politician doing what they 'promise' is ingrained into our minds due to their never doing what they promise...it isn't just RP...:cool:

18. Like I always say, Australian, so I don't know a lot of what the Founding Fathers said.

Edit: But think about what might have happened if it were the case, maybe less people would have voted for Obama based on reverse-racism.

19. Not believeing in ron paul = idiot?
    .....grow up?

This is why it's hard to take some libertarians seriously.
    Before I came to GC the only ones i'd spoke to recognized only two classes of people:

1. Libertarians
    2. Sheep

Thankfully that crap doesn't appear on here.