Corruption, the true cause of America's troubles

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Custos, Apr 16, 2012.

1. #1 Custos, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2012
    [​IMG]

2. What a post. Not sure if it's just me, but I can't see anything.

3. lol I can't see anything either.. blank post.

But on topic, I live in Illinois the 3rd most corrupt state in America. And I live close to Chicago, the number one ranked most corrupt city in the US. Corruption is a huge problem in places.

4. Ha my bad. Should be showing up now. We need to stop distracting ourselves with partisan sloganeering and get the root cause of our problems.

5. Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Therefore, decentralize power and you remove the incentives for lobbying.

You will NEVER eliminate corruption by attempting to prohibit corporate donations, you will only move it behind the scenes.

6. Lol no offense but this diagram is stupid.

All this is known.

But you cannot rid this country of corruption, or the world for that matter. Corruption and money make the world go round. Peace, love, happiness, none of that makes the world go round. Think about that real hard.

7. Suprisingly, all of this isn't known by many. The diagram isn't that stupid at all.

Corruption and money make the world go round? What about a free market?

How do you define "the world go round" anyways? From what I can tell, the world is tumbling down, not dancing around.

8. I was saying the first line in my head while I was waiting for the page to load on my phone.

Gtfo of my head dude!!!!!!

9. I took your advice, and I thought about what you said. Even though I've heard people say basically the same thing, I did reflect on it. And I came to the same conclusion (surprising, I know) that I have in the past. The reason why corruption and the money that causes it will continue to have such a profound impact on our political system is because we say that it must be so. We see the way the world works, the way it has worked, and we say there's no hope for change.

But the fact is that peace, love, and happiness govern my actions. This wasn't always so. I changed. I realized that money and power are not the only ways to motivate yourself to do great things. If I can change, then I'm certain that most other people can as well.

As to your assertion that "all this is known," I'm sad to say that you're wrong. Many people don't understand the impact that money has on our government. And it's really not the money so much as it is the ever growing prospect of "making it big." By that I mean that the prospect of increasing wealth along with power tends to be the driving force behind many of the divisiveness we see today.

I'm not saying that we're ever going to be able to enact legislation that will ensure that Congress is filled with statesmen. What I'm saying is that we need understand the way our democracy was intended to work, and then make our democracy work for the people. Politicians will do whatever it takes to get reelected. It's the nature of politics. The idea is to change what "whatever it takes" means. If by doing whatever it takes to get reelected means that they have to bow down to financial interests in order to get reelected (we all know how expensive it is to run a campaign), then they most certainly will not be paying as much attention to the peoples' interests. If, however, we enact reforms that force politicians to come to the people for the money then we will be the ones in control and the oligarchy's power will finally be evenly distributed throughout the electorate.

10. Corruption is without power is negligible. The problem is with thinking violence is the answer to all of our problems.

11. While you are citing CEO's pay rate, I didn't see you include movie star pay rate, music entertainer pay rates, sports figure pay rates??? Persons who run corporations work one helluva lot harder and have an enormous amount of responsibility compared to entertainers or sports figures. Also I assume you wouldn't personally accept a large paycheck, you would refuse it right????

There is way too much corruption in the U.S. It is the politicians we elect, and by the way we keep electing the same idiots which may indicate that we the voters are also idiots. Our society is becoming very corrupt as nothing is considered wrong as long as it feels good. We steal from each other, shoot each other, wouldn't help a neighbor or family member going through hard times. We hate and blame God for all our fuck-ups. So what do ya think??? Where's the corruption? Go look in the mirror.