correlation between plant size and water consumption?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by keitanakano, Mar 1, 2011.

1. #1 keitanakano, Mar 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2011
    I have a container with one big plant and 3 smaller plants.

When I harvested around Halloween, some seeds did already sprout on the plant! So I did grow them.

The container has 1 1/2 gallons at best, it is not very big indeed. Now, I harvested her off recently, and now starting to re-veg.

I built a precision electronic timer with LED displays!

-Clock
    -Start time
    -Light period

However, I cut off 70% of the buds, many leaves, and always removing bleached out old leaves.

Lights are about 400 Watts CFL, and I have a big cooling fan otherwise the lamps would overheat.

Water consummption is about 5 litres/ each day.
    I have to water twice (with the current 12/12 schedule), because the container can not hold so much water.

When I harvested, one day it really went down to 2 litres, but now it's still 4 litres/day.

Temperature is about 30 degrees.

Possible reasons:

-Water consumption rather relates to the root size, leaves can transpirate much more if need be

-Since many leaves were removed, more light gets through to previously shaded parts of the plant, and so the water consumption for them goes up.

This is for 12/12, I expect it nearly to double since now I have programmed 20 hours light cycle.

By the way, she made 100s of seeds, not all of them fully developed, but some really nice ones.

Was a crossbreed from Orange Bud, Bubble Gum, Low Ryder and bird seed.

Some of the smaller plants indeed stay small so they have the Low Ryder genetics.

My big plant maybe got some bird seed genetics, many of the higher branches are totally red!

I want to re-veg, grow some fresh leaves, and then flower again.

But this time, no males...

And liquid miracle grow, I just used 1/4 cup, flowering stopped for 3 weeks, leaves died, but now, I get really nice, fat and healthy green leaves. The older leaves were thin and now there are spider mites on many of them.

In the evening, I often spend 1/2 hour or so examining everything.

note: on the picture, a small bud with healthy leaves. still flowering.

Attached Files: