Corona virus

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Ganjafarmer21, Mar 12, 2020.

1. They should do a study to see if any of the people who have been infected with covid are active marijuana smokers. Could you imagine if people who actively smoke pot are some how immune lmao. You wouldn't be able to grow enough to keep up with demands haha.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. It takes supernatural forces to work magic but we sometimes erroneously associate things we don't understand with magic. As we now know electricity isn't magic and never was. But you may be right and weed prevents or cures Covid, I was just giving my opinion.

3. I thought it was pretty pathetic when the Lt. Governor of Texas bashed Fauci and said he's been wrong about everything.

The very next day Texas makes face masks mandatory. SMH.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I am somewhat surprised that Trump the Chump hasn't found a way to dump Fauci. Especially when it's a person who carries actual intelligence.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. There are even GOP Senators saying Trump should dump Fauci because he's contradicting Trump. They're basically saying Fauci should shut up and tow the party line. Telling your scientific expert to ignore the science? What a farce.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Trump should dump Fauci. Telling us it's safer to not use facemasks and to save them for medical personnel was an intentional lie.

7. This whole corona virus thing is has been skewed and distorted beyond belief. The fact that this thread exists in a political forum says it all.

Requiring masks is a violation of the constitution. Specifically the second amendment. It is illegal to carry firearms while wearing a mask.

The only way a mask will improve my chances of survival at this point, imo, is by allowing me to enter stores to aquire essentials I need to survive.

The only reason Fauci hasn't been fired is purely political. It would be bad "optics". If I was his boss I would have fired him long time ago. Actually I never would have hired him.

It blows my mind that any of you put any value in any thing any so called "medical expert" says. These same dick wads have weed as a schedule 1 drug. Safest substance known to man is classified as the most dangerous? Need I go on?

• Like Like x 3
  8. Nobody's saying facemasks are a bonafide lifesaver. They're there to slow the spread. Since when is slowing the spread a bad thing?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Wasn't that when everyone was talking about n95 shortages and medical personnel were taking anything they could get? Why wouldn't you prioritize medical personnel?

10. Are they slowing the spread?

Is it healthy to restrict air flow as a general practice? Go out to your car or to your grow and put whatever mask you've been using over your intake and exhaust. Let me know how that works out.

Being healthy is the best way to prevent sickness.

11. I've been terrified at how terribly people have been using masks. First it's on their faces, then it's on their chin, then it's around their necks. hands touching everything, etc. It wouldn't surprise me if a good percentage of the masked forget to wash their hands and probably hang onto their masks for way longer than they should for them to be effective. I trust the unmasked more than I trust most of those who wear them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. In all fairness to those with masks, they are to protect OTHERS in case the wearer is broadcasting any amount of "viral load" the mask protects OTHERS... Now if you are talking a N95 or KN95 (the latter readily available to gen. public) expect some level of protection to the wearer IF they follow the protocol...The procedure sadly changed due to so much anti mask aka "covid is a hoax" type thinking... Had the so called "administration" in the USA acted in January when they were advised by other world health experts to activate pandemic measures we too could be enjoying life as usual like they are in Thailand and other countries that didn't send mixed messages to their citizens...

In Thailand they are serving open air street food, nobody wearing a mask other than maybe 2% who remain cautious... The UK is ahead of us and WE are not on their accepted list to enter the country... lmao
    Sadly the USA is run by a bunch of dopes who think and act on the level of 3 year olds and most who believe these so called leaders are on the same level... This 4th of July i'm not celebrating any kind of "independence".

13. Well, as someone who has served under 6 presidents and is a top Immunoregulation expert, who do you think we should listen to? I'm curious where you get your medical advice from Irie0305? Sorry but your post is completely idiotic and is why we have the spread happening again.

Fauci's credentials:
    Dr. Fauci was appointed director of NIAID in 1984. He oversees an extensive portfolio of basic and applied research to prevent, diagnose, and treat established infectious diseases such as HIV/AIDS, respiratory infections, diarrheal diseases, tuberculosis and malaria as well as emerging diseases such as Ebola and Zika. NIAID also supports research on transplantation and immune-related illnesses, including autoimmune disorders, asthma and allergies. The NIAID budget for fiscal year 2020 is an estimated $5.9 billion.

Dr. Fauci has advised six presidents on HIV/AIDS and many other domestic and global health issues. He was one of the principal architects of the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), a program that has saved millions of lives throughout the developing world.

Dr. Fauci also is the longtime chief of the Laboratory of Immunoregulation. He has made many contributions to basic and clinical research on the pathogenesis and treatment of immune-mediated and infectious diseases. He helped pioneer the field of human immunoregulation by making important basic scientific observations that underpin the current understanding of the regulation of the human immune response. In addition, Dr. Fauci is widely recognized for delineating the precise ways that immunosuppressive agents modulate the human immune response. He developed effective therapies for formerly fatal inflammatory and immune-mediated diseases such as polyarteritis nodosa, granulomatosis with polyangiitis (formerly Wegener's granulomatosis), and lymphomatoid granulomatosis. A 1985 Stanford University Arthritis Center Survey of the American Rheumatism Association membership ranked Dr. Fauci’s work on the treatment of polyarteritis nodosa and granulomatosis with polyangiitis among the most important advances in patient management in rheumatology over the previous 20 years.

Dr. Fauci has made seminal contributions to the understanding of how HIV destroys the body's defenses leading to its susceptibility to deadly infections. Further, he has been instrumental in developing treatments that enable people with HIV to live long and active lives. He continues to devote much of his research to the immunopathogenic mechanisms of HIV infection and the scope of the body's immune responses to HIV.

In a 2019 analysis of Google Scholar citations, Dr. Fauci ranked as the 41st most highly cited researcher of all time. According to the Web of Science, he ranked 8th out of more than 2.2 million authors in the field of immunology by total citation count between 1980 and January 2019.

Dr. Fauci has delivered major lectures all over the world and is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards, including the Presidential Medal of Freedom (the highest honor given to a civilian by the President of the United States), the National Medal of Science, the George M. Kober Medal of the Association of American Physicians, the Mary Woodard Lasker Award for Public Service, the Albany Medical Center Prize in Medicine and Biomedical Research, the Robert Koch Gold Medal, the Prince Mahidol Award, and the Canada Gairdner Global Health Award. He also has received 45 honorary doctoral degrees from universities in the United States and abroad.

Dr. Fauci is a member of the National Academy of Sciences, the National Academy of Medicine, the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, and the American Philosophical Society, as well as other professional societies including the American College of Physicians, the American Society for Clinical Investigation, the Association of American Physicians, the Infectious Diseases Society of America, the American Association of Immunologists, and the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. He serves on the editorial boards of many scientific journals; as an editor of Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine; and as author, coauthor, or editor of more than 1,300 scientific publications, including several textbooks.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Not a fair comparison as nobody is asking you to wear a mask 8 hours per day unless you are on the front lines dealing with countless people inside a building such as a supermarket, Costco, Walmart, etc. for 30 minutes any normal adult can handle that without any difficulty.
    Again, the mask is to protect your fellow humans, not you, unless it is at least a KN95 (readily available cheap).
    Had the USA listened to the rest of the world's pandemic experts and Trump hadn't fired our own pandemic team, we could have saved more than 1/2 the lives lost and be done with this mask wearing business by now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. #1655 irie0305, Jul 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    @WeedCat
    So my posts are the reason for the spread?

I form my own opinions.

Fauci is still a douche no matter who says what about him or quotes him. By the way he has contradicted himself. So which version should I trust. Then? Now? Future? I'll trust my own views and hope you feel free to do the same.

16. Sure, prioritize resources to those who need them most but Fauci lied about it, he told us we were more likely to get Covid if we wore masks because we didn't know how to use them properly. And we don't but now we're told we should wear masks. He should have just told us to save the masks for those who need them the most and told the rest of us to wrap a t-shirt around our face like we're doing now. It won't stop anyone from inhaling viruses but it may stop a lot of droplets that contain virus.

17. #1657 irie0305, Jul 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    You have a point with the duration of mask use, but still doesn't make it a healthy practice. Furthermore, I don't have the virus so it would only help me at this point.

You also say that if we had listened to rest of the world things would be so much better. You also mentioned the UK at some point. The UK for example has 63% more deaths per million that the US has. Let's praise them though.

When forming opinions it would behoove many of you to use facts and data rather than opinions as the basis. Does this make sense or do you need to hear that from an "expert"?

18. Whatever protection a home made mask can offer is undermined by how people treat them while "wearing" them. I watch people (it's a bad habit of mine) and it's just so unprofessional and random. As for mixed messages we've been getting plenty of those in Canada as every provincial health doctor is messaging differently. The ambiguity has lead to bullying and other forms of peer pressure tactics. In my own community there are folks who were at the beginning of the virus dead set against the public masking up, arguing they were vectors of community transmission, etc. Now the same individuals are beating the other drum just as loudly. It won't be long before these folks start posting photos of the unmasked on our fb page, trying to shame and bully and generally ostracize them from the community. The same dynamics are at play regarding non-essential travel restrictions - folks with wrong license plates are having their cars keyed, yelled at in public, etc. It's all very troubling.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. That's rather hyperbolic. You can't breath? C'mon man. We don't breath at 400 cfm :roflmao:

20. Plants don't either. Not the point though. The point is that air restrictions are not healthy for any system that is designed for air exchange whether it is a biological or mechanical system. When it comes to humans the concept of pranayama is age old and is crucial to health and proper function.