Corona virus

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Ganjafarmer21, Mar 12, 2020.

1. #81 killset, Mar 14, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
    Some states are considering adding to the benifits and even extending benifits if the lay off is is caused by the virus. Not that you have to have the virus, you just have to be laid off becuase of the threat of the virus. Im a superintendent for a large masonry contactor. We just had a meeting yesterday of what our companies actions will be if the country does shut down. We're to secure all jobsites, get tools and equipment back to the shop and yards, lay everyone off and sit back until we hear any further instruction

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. War time? Nothing i can find about Spain declares war. Like many countries they have declared a state of emergency and the military stands ready to set up emegency hospitals, etc and help as needed but theres nothing online about war. Sounds like more hysteria . Do you have any links about spain declarig war? hype.Military ready to intervene in Spain's coronavirus crisis - Olive Press News Spain

3. I get that. I'm not usually one to worry about things I have no control over either but this time is different for me. Spose the difference is my parents aren't 100%, cardiovascular stuff.

Stay safe anyway bud, I'm glad you're in a good place.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Zero. Because nobody is going to attack the freaking "army". Some of you watch too many zombie movies.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. This better be a massive wake-up call for every government on the planet to be better prepared for pandemics like this going forward. There will be more of these viruses in the future given the nature of the world and especially China's wet market culture. There are literally breeding grounds for these viruses to jump from animal to human.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. @DaPhats not only what you said but we had better start mixing and making our medications here in the states. i'm not only shocked i never knew this was going on but it seems since i've learned about it appears this was common knowledge all the way up to the NSC! for years!!! wtf!

damn this ticks me off. i dont take prescriptions (no need) but many do and the stories about prescription drug prices are historical. why in the hell have people been tolerating this!?! why! i already sent the POTUS my feeling about this, along with one of my fed senators. this has got to stop!

people write your congressmen!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. let me ask the community this. weve seen the meme and other commentary that every election year there is some world-wide health crisis or just a us based health crisis. ok, what is the intent behind these historical occurrences? to unseat the seating president?

please explain. i dont see that adding up correctly. if that has any weight to it then why is virtually every country in the world reacting how they are? to unseat trump? seems a rather grandiose theory.

tia.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Yeah......the dems started the virus knowing that capt. bone spur would fuck up his response to it. It's a deep state conspiracy to make the "traitor in chief" look bad and ultimately unseat him. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1

9. that actually is both creative and funny. haha...that's a good one! really! :laughing:

• Like Like x 2
  10. as i wrote, i just lost the correct word. (English is not my native language) Right now we just have the milder version, on Monday the proper state of emergency starts which gives the authorities more power and keeps us off the streets.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Yeah, I didn't realize it was that bad until I listened to Michael Osterholm on the Joe Rogan show yesterday. Apparently China makes all the medications for the US military. That seems like a total strategic fuk up if you ask me.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. my mind is blown over this. in addition to every good and logical reasoning for why this is bad, i find it a national disgrace. that's the word i used in my potus survey and the word i used in my email to my senators.

it is a disgrace to this country on every single level. i just cant believe it. smh :bang:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. The majority of congress are paid off by the pharmaceutical companies. As long as their wallets get greased.....nothing will change. You can't possibly think that any of them have any morals and actually care about you.....or us.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. in a brief attempt at levity, who is "fact checking" the signer at the covid pressers? does anyone know what these people are "saying"? i see a whole lot of busy going on but i cant quite get the gist of the message. i hope they're right!

lol damn what a good gig! i bet they get a couple hundred a show!

try to figure it out. it's kind of like real fast pace charades only different. :laughing:

no offense towards the hearing impaired. it is what it is. :smoke:

15. U.S.–China Relations Act of 2000.

This was passed by Republican Congress in October 2000, and signed by Clinton, who couldnt VETO it.

Inspections, and enforcement were never enforced, and was weakened under Bush.

After Clinton/Congress eased trade restrictions, at least 714 Chinese plants began making drugs and active ingredients for the United States, with the FDA only inspecting around 15 of them a year, according to the book.

The situation only grew worse: In 2007, the FDA budget for inspection programs was cut, including the budget to inspect foreign plants making drugs for the United States. The authors write, “As the regulatory apparatus was being decimated, toxic products made in China flowed into the United States.”

The FDA was able to expand its inspections of Chinese plants in 2008, when it opened its first office in China, which was also the first FDA facility outside the United States. The reforms had mixed results. The book states that soon after, when FDA inspectors attempted to inspect Shanghai No. 1 Biochemical & Pharmaceutical Co., which sells the blood thinner heparin to the United States, they found that “the facility apparently never made any heparin and was a so-called ‘show’ factory.”

The company had been purchasing its heparin from an unknown factory and was merely putting its name on the aluminum drums that were shipped to the United States.

The FDA improved its situation in China somewhat, but remains under-staffed. As of April 2014, only two full-time FDA staff members were assigned to the agency’s China office in Beijing for inspecting drug-manufacturing plants. The Chinese regime also refused to grant visas to additional inspectors the agency had hired and forced the FDA to close its offices in Guangzhou and Shanghai.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Republicans have been against lowering drup costs for over a DECADE.

Senate Republicans successfully blocked a Democratic effort to make a key change in the Medicare prescription drug program on Wednesday.

Democrats wanted to change the bill in a way that would allow the government to negotiate drug prices with pharmaceutical companies. Right now, the government may not interfere in such negotiations. Instead, private insurers bargain for the lowest drug prices on behalf of Medicare beneficiaries, who may pick from a variety of plans.

Republicans say competition among various drug coverage plans will keep prices low.

"Today the Senate protected healthcare access for tens of millions of seniors," said Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), after the Senate blocked a vote on the Democrat-sponsored bill.

"This bill is flawed and does nothing to provide our seniors with more benefits for less money. I've never seen the government take a program from the private sector and deliver it more efficiently and at a lower cost," McConnell said.

But Democrats are crying "obstruction."

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid accused Senate Republicans of protecting the drug industry at the expense of senior citizens.

"This common-sense bill makes Medicare drug plans more accountable, improves information about which drugs are effective, and empowers the Secretary of Health and Human Services to use the bargaining power of Medicare's 43 million beneficiaries," Reid said.

"The Bush Administration has never been shy about expanding its executive authority. Yet when Congress tries to give the Administration more flexibility in negotiating drug prices, they are fighting it at every step."

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi also weighed in, complaining that the American people lost and the special interests won:

"The Senate vote occurred on the same day that Families USA issued a new report finding that drug prices are going up despite the repeated assertions by the Bush Administration that Medicare Part D is bringing drug prices down," Pelosi said.

"Democrats will keep fighting until this bill is signed into law and seniors and people with disabilities have access to affordable prescription drugs," Pelosi concluded.

According to Families USA, private drug coverage plans are not keeping prices low. "Increases in Medicare Part D prices are outpacing consumer inflation and seniors' incomes, creating a growing burden for both beneficiaries and taxpayers," the group's study said.

Families USA said even drug plans with the largest number of enrollees can't gain enough market share to bring prices down. The group is pressing for the government (Medicare) to enter price negotiations.

But in a "letter to the editor" this week, Health and Human Services Secretary Mike Leavitt noted that the Congressional Budget Office has determined that the government would not be able to negotiate lower drug prices for seniors.

Leavitt also noted that costs under Medicare Part D have been much lower than expected. He said seniors are happy with the program. And he said government interference in drug pricing could limit seniors' choices of drugs.

"If government interferes in the market, it will have to withhold access to some drugs to force them to lower their prices," Leavitt warned. "There is no way a government official can do a better job picking drugs and setting prices than the millions of consumers making choices in a free market."

Leavitt urged Congress not to change a program that is working: "Consumers make better choices about their own health care than government does," he said.

Dont anyone ever tell me the Rs are for the people.

Democrats are the ones fighting for less costs, regardless if people want to argue it, or not. I see whos obstructing.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dunno like. The amount of you lot that insist on walking about with rifles just cos it's your right to do so.
    The whole, pry it from my cold dead hands club. What those guys gonna do when the military start showing up to impose martial law?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1