Corona virus

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Ganjafarmer21, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Get plenty of sleep for a healthy immune system and maintain adequate vitamin D levels ,
    and wash your hands , a lot .
    I think the big problem is the rate of infection and the number of serious cases overwhelming the medical system .
    In Italy doctors are being forced to choose which person gets the ventilator and which one dies.
    If the rate of infection is slower serious cases will survive the virus and the usual emergency cases that a hospital would see will have a bed to be admitted into.

2. #42 killset, Mar 13, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
    No zero reported cases because theres zero reported cases. Testing is available for those who need it. There are reported cases that have been tested. The US might be behind but theyre not completly out of the circle of tesing. Citizens that need it do get tested and cases reported. If the local prison would be infected there would be information available

Do you even read what people write? Or do you just like making shit up like you usually do in every thread? I didnt listen to the "dude". I called my brother in law at the prison and got information directly from the source. I knew the dude was wrong and wanted to reassure my friends at the tavern that the prison wasnt locked down because of the virus so the hysteria didnt recieve any more fuel. The prison isn't on lock down, guards get to go home, nobody including the gaurds are known to be infected, everythings going as normal. I also dont listen to "dudes" like yourself since you have a hard time reading whats written anyways. You just make up things and ignore whats actually said like in every thread you post in.

Have a good day bud

3. check this out. this is what has happened to our country. and i have to say, if this doesn't upset a person i dont know what that person be thinking. think of the rape of our country over the past 20-30 years, the industries that were shipped off shore, the millions of jobs lost. all of this done to boost profits in the private sector and with a country that absolutely and without question despises the usa, and quite frankly they despise most western cultures. oh yeah, CHI-NA would cripple the us in no short order and i believe at some point in the near future they will if WE dont force some change in this country.

"A new report by corporate data analytics firm Dun & Bradstreet calculates that some 51,000 companies around the world have one or more direct suppliers in Wuhan, the epicenter of the virus. At least 5 million companies globally have one or more tier-two suppliers in the region, meaning their suppliers get their supplies there; and 938 of the Fortune 1000 companies have tier-one or tier-two suppliers there. Moreover, fully 80% of US pharmaceuticals are made in China. A break in the supply chain can grind businesses to a halt. "

• Like Like x 2
  4. Are you really surprised/upset by this? You didnt know that the only thing america makes anymore is stupid bullshit like internet stuff? Non tangible things? "America! Home of... Digital stuff that isnt even real!"

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. yes. call me ignorant. my motto has been, "if ignorance is bliss, my goal is to be one ignorant mofo". the one thing that upsets me about the above is the pharmaceutical angle. i knew some about most of the rest, probably not to the degree of 94% of fortune 1000 companies being shackled to china, but 80% of our drugs are coming from china (and india)! THAT i was 100% unaware of. THAT imo, is a national disgrace esp in light of drug pricing. it really ticks me off and yes, i will be writing my congressmen and potus to express my extreme dissatisfaction in learning this.

it is outrageous on a scale that sets the stage for mass protest imo! and I'm being serious. china making our fucking medications AND we have to pay the price we do for them!?! burn down the fucking house!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. i'll say this out loud, if there can be anything good that comes from this corona virus it's the exposure of the weakness of our country. it is disturbing.

i'm listening to local news and the governors of two states are going on and on about some of the consequences of statewide closures of schools, and the one thing that keeps coming up is "what the children will do for food" because that's what they depend on (the school) to eat. dear lord.

people of all ages having to decide how to survive on a day-to-day basis because of prescription drug prices for drugs made in china. my god!

people, we've been arguing about some pretty petty stuff in context of some much larger issues. this corona virus is exposing some very ugly truths that every politician and back room broker for the past few decades has been involved with and they sold all of us out. every single one of them.

edit: all this country really has is a lot of bombs. we are weak. we all should be really pissed about a lot of what has happened in response to this virus and the ugly truths being revealed.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. We gave away the farm in exchange for inexpensive, poorly made goods.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. #48 Possuum, Mar 13, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
    not only that but i'm watching the stock ticker and only because (only because) "the fed" announced they were giving the banks $1.5T in newly printed fiat money "the stock market" opened 1000 points higher on open. now, if that is not the most blatant display of how fake all of "the system" really is i dont know what could be.

man, i know we've been getting screwed for at least as long as since NAFTA was implemented but we were getting screwed nice and easy, slowly but surely, and with definite goals in mind. we're all out here partying and living life and not paying attention. this is a huge, huge, opportunity for people that want change to start rallying the cause and laying the firewood at the feet of the status quo, matches in hand.

should be a wakeup call for every average working joe schlepping their way through life under the burden of an overtaxed pay check and just scrapping by. it's fucked up. its FUBAR.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Capitalism

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Will be one of our greatest downfalls

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Doesn't matter what we do mate. It was obviously gods cbo

• Agree Agree x 1

12. And suddenly the Fed can simply magic this money from literally fuck all.
    Y`know, plenty enough to pay off ALL student debt.

Yet some STILL can`t see yet, that this is ALL just a fucking game.................... and we are the least worthy pawns in it.

Lest we forget, if the working class produce nothing, the super rich can make zero money.

"Educate them to a level so that they can vote, work and pay taxes, any more is not required."

Anyways, 7 hours until take-off to Amsterdam! If I gotta catch this shit and die.......................Where better than somewhere you can send a porter out to get some shatter cookies eh?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. just wait until the actual stats start rolling out. according to every expert on the planet and based on actual statistics the virus is doubling every 6 days on average. this being true and assuming only 2000 currently infected in the us, left unchecked there could be as many as 1.7 million people testing positive by the end of april. if only 1% of these people were to die that's a bunch. what's the current mortality rate? somewhere around ~3%?

i know there are many still scoffing at this "thing" but this "thing" is only now getting a foothold in a country of ~400 million and testing hasnt even started yet? gonna be rough!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Oh, and if no more is heard from me on this here forum................... being in a high risk category......... you can probably hazard a guess.

Fuck it! We all gotta go with fate.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. This virus rates about a 3 on my "worried and give a shit" scale.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. I sense a revolution, an uprising against a failed system. Watching the singing Italians gives me an ominous feeling in my guts. It’s going to explode.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. As high as 3/10, you're giving it too much credit mate lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I was sent home from work yesterday because of simple suspicion. Runny nose, coughing, hot flashes and sweating, however I definitely not running a high fever. Could I have covid, sure i guess, but could i also have a cold being this time of yr, absofuckinglutley! Was told take off today tooif I'm still the same, well guess what nobody gets over a cold over night. They've also shut down all schools in the area till end of march/beginning of April. This shit is a dangerous slope! Lot of people have allergies and colds this time of yr, can't be sending everyone home

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Actually ya, everyone with possible symptoms can be sent home. Might get to the point everyone is sent home regarless to having symptoms or not.

• Agree Agree x 1