Corona virus

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Ganjafarmer21, Mar 12, 2020.

1. What about if you're 70?

2. Well....that's a bit different lol. The mortality rate for over 60s is somewhere around 13% and for over 80 it's over 20%.
    So pretty scary if your a pensioner but unfortunately it's just life.
    We get old. Our bodies become unhealthy and less immune to infection. I'll be 70 one day too if I live long enough and there will be some mad disease just waiting to wipe me out aswell.
    And at the end of the day if I was 70 I still would t be worrying about it.
    I accepted my inevitable death a long time ago and have no regrets about how I've lived my life.
    I've done a lot of bad shit when I was younger but if I hadnt done it I wouldn't be the person I am today with the life I now have.

"Es como hacer frente a lo que te hace ser quien eres"

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Yo green.. I got it mixed up...my bad yo
    The website livescience.com said that a human passed it to her Pomeranian..
    And that it was on a low level...my apologies..still crazy tho

• Like Like x 1
  4. I have a pomeranian. My grandpa is still alive. Out of curiosity though, why are you reading those articles in this time? Why not stick to reputable sources?

5. Live science .com
    Reputable? Oh you mean like Fox news and CNN and the like? Roflmao

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. That isn't a site I would be getting info from honestly, but that's me. Up to you, yse your best judgement.

7. I read it was the dog that caught it from his infected owner and that the dog tested weak positive and isn't contagious.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Your right it was

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. This isn't the first virus to hit us and it wont be the last. Remeber Sars, 1 in 10 people that became infected died, everyone was in full on panic mode. Now you dont even hear about it. Thats not to mention numerous other outbreaks of different viruses throughout the years, swine flu, zika, mers, small pox the list goes on and on and guess what????...........
    .....we're still here. Its not the end of the world, we will keep on keeping on.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. They're cancelling everything where I'm at. Gonna be a financially tough year, but we are prepared. It's like I've been preparing my whole life to be this prepared for an actual reason.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. that numher, 480K, represents ~3% of the estimated 16m us smokers that also have a smoking related illness. in all it is estimated that ~34m us citizens smoke. if we do the math that 480k deaths of all smokers would be ~1.5%. the current death rate of covid-19 is ~3%.

i think you're right! it's a pretty big deal.

• Like Like x 1
  12. The coronavirus anthem -

• Like Like x 2
  13. Thats 480,000 every year. Lets call it a half mil. So many years have a half mil been dying? How many years will they continue dying?

Covid 19 is just a drop in the bucket. Oh ya and people still voluntarily smoke death sticks. I told a guy a couple days ago at work to shut the fk up or go home. Pounds cigarettes all day long but cant shut the fk up about the corona virus. Fn moron, sits around killing himself daily and freaking out about a flu bug

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. That must have felt good to say.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Definetly. Its all everyone talks about, its the majority of whats on the news. Its fueling mass hysteria. In the small county i live in the health deparment released yesterday that theres been 0 reported cases of corona in our county. Not if you ask several of the citizens though. Theres rumors of multiple cases. A guy at the tavern i go to was down there talking about our local prison. Supposedly a guard was infected and now theres infected inmates. He went on to say the prison is on lockdown and nobody can leave including the guards. So i called my brother in law who happens to work there. He said it was complete and total bullshit and he had just gotten home from his shift. The prison is not on lockdown and there is no corona virus cases. The dude was passimg on false information fueling the fire of hysteria. He was told the story by someone else so its not exactly his fault but it goes to show how the snow ball effect works. . Its ridiculous.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. This is a rather reputable site to check the current situation, it is updated once a day United States Coronavirus: 1,762 Cases and 41 Deaths - Worldometer

Here in Europe several countries have closed all schools and naturally big events have been cancelled. Closing schools may have quite serious economical consequences in Northern countries, where even 1/3 of workforce has to stay home to look after the kids until some arrangements can be made. In Southern European countries it should not have such a drastic impact, since here it is usual that relatives, especially grandparents look after kids anyway.

I have actually often wondered how families manage it, for example, here in Spain kids under 14 are not even allowed to walk home alone, not even from the school bus stops. Many schools have siesta and someone has to be available to look after kids even in the middle of the day.

17. zero reported cases, because there are zero available tests.

we are a few weeks behind other countries in terms of reporting (and definitely behind in terms of our response). the cases in US will be growing exponentially. yesterday there were a total of under 80K tests available in the entire country. how do you expect anyone to report complete and accurate numbers?

stop listening to "dudes" and refer to information available at CDC, WHO and other reputable sources.

• Agree Agree x 1