Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cornering a bowl?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by pulvarized, May 26, 2011.

1. I know its a newbie question but, whats cornering a bowl mean? Or sometimes corner lighting?

2. Only lighting a quarter or "corner" of the weed in the bowl, usually done with good weed for more green hits.. I personally don't do it if I have shitty weed.

3. It's for anal weed smokers.

4. I don't know anyone who does this.

It would seem like only people who can't handle all that good smoke do shit like that!

5. You only light a portion of the bowl instead of torching the whole top, as said above, it allows for more green hits.

6. yeah i only do it if i'm like splittin bowls with people in a smoking circle or something, otherwise all that green's for me.

7. Err time, err day.

And I don't keep suckin that flame, butane can't be good for you. Get it lit and kill the lighter, keep it cherried.

8. Why wouldn't you corner it? Haha shit man, i usually just load a big personal hit to make sure there is no confusion with how they spark it up.

Come on kid, :bolt:

9. only light up part of it so everyone gets to light up some fresh green. dont torch that shit

10. Cornering is for stingy smokers. Basically saves more green hits. You hit it from different angles every times to keep as much green un-burnt as possible.

11. It doesn't have anything to do with how much smoke you're inhaling, you can take just as big of a hit cornering a bowl. :p

It's the difference between torching the whole top of the bowl at once or doing a small corner of it at a time.

Think of it this way: If you light the whole top of the bowl then what you're smoking is that top layer. That means there's now burnt weed on top of your tasty green stuff.

If you light a small corner then it's burning downwards, and once all of that corner is burnt you can still take green hits from the rest of the bowl.

Does that make sense? :smoking:

12. I'm not stingy at all but cornering that shit is the only way to go. I go from right to left and within the first 3 or 4 hits it gets a nice cherry going, perfect for a rotation. It has to be more efficient.

13. Usually only do it in groups but jus light 1 corner of the bowl... Just helps save a little bit if green 4 every1

14. I'd rather just replace the bud in the bowl, which is why I wouldn't use a bong/pipe if it was more than me and 2 other people.

15. cornering a bowl is simply lighting a small portion of the green as a courtesy to allow as many "green hits" as possible. It's a nice gesture when people are smoking you out, but I don't really give a shit either way, lighters fuckin suck and it's not always easy to corner every damn hit.

16. Or for people who don't want to char the whole bowl...

17. Already been said a million times, but cornering a bowl is lighting a small portion of the bowl instead of scorching the entire top layer so that the next person to hit it gets a nice tasty green toke instead of nasty black shit.:D