CornCob Pipe Tutorial

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by Charles P, Nov 22, 2012.

1. #1 Charles P, Nov 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2012
    Here's the things you'll need,
    A saw,
    a drill,
    dried corncobs (in this instance I use holiday corn),
    a stem,
    and some patience
    [​IMG]

First, remove the top if not done so already,

[​IMG]

Second, remove about an inch to an inch to two inches of corn, exposing the cob.

[​IMG]

Then you can cut your section

[​IMG]

Now you gotta hollow out the bowl. You can make it as wide as you like or as narrow as about a half inch.

[​IMG]

It should look a little something like this,

[​IMG]

Now you have to drill the hole for your stem. Find a bit that's the slightest bit smaller than your stem. For my stem, I got a downed branch and drilled a hole through it. That can be very tricky, but I've heard of people using colored pencils and bamboo reeds if you wanna go that route.

[​IMG]

You should get a side whole just about the bottom of your bowl that looks like this,

[​IMG]

Now it's very important that you taper the edge that you insert into the pipe, that way you can get a good hit,

[​IMG]

And that's all she wrote. Happy Holidays, and post a pic of your CornCob Pipe if you decide to try this out. You can also ask any questions you might have.

[​IMG]

Edit: I fixed the images.

2. images are dead/

3. On that app and can't see pics :\.

It's cool that you made your own. I'm too lazy though... you can get corn cob pipes at Walgreens for like, $3.