Corn SST: Popcorn sprouted seed tea

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by toaster37, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Hi all, thanks for taking the time to check out my post.
    At the encouragement of @Organic sinse I decided to run an experiment making sprouted seed tea from popcorn. This is my first attempt at SST, and I only made a small amount for my 2-plant microgrow. I had some Trader Joe's organic popcorn in a cabinet. It is probably a year old, and the cabinet is above the oven, so I didn't know if it would even sprout, but it did, just a bit unevenly. At this point I have some radicals (tails), but I am not sure if I should wait a little longer before blending them. Any advice is appreciated.
    A new bag. Note the corn I used was not fresh.
    My jar:
    Soak and cover, started around 5pm: The morning after:
    The 2nd morning (about 1.5 days total soaking):
    Done soaking, keep 'em moist:
    Cover with a damp paper towel or clean cloth:
    Keep the light out:
    After a day of chilling:

At this point there are a few tails that look long enough, but also many kernels that still have to pop. Blend now or wait till tomorrow morning?
    toaster

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Great Idea

I have many packs in my pantry from Uhmercian guests who long ago returned home

I have tried eating it ...not my thing

but SST tea is somethiong Cool!

cheers/

3. Thanks for sharing. Organic Popcorn is something super easy to source that almost anyone can get.
    I would give it one more day and then only use the sprouted ones.
    Great job Toaster37. I am sure you will help someone else out by posting this. Great spirit and good karma to you.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Any organic popping corn will do, I use JiffyPop. I also like to use an aquarium air pump in my water while I sprout it, seems to make them sprout more evenly/ quickly. I grind them when the tails are about as long the kernel. I do this with any larger seeds I use.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1