copy and paste programming

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by FlyingSOLO, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Hey guys, need some advice to make my work like more efficient. about 30% of what I do is registering a renewal contract with a 3rd party. This requires duplicating information that was given the year before (names/address etc.)

I've started to dabble a little big in code writing, and looked this up. Apparently is not to hard to achieve.

Anyone have any ideas or has done what i'm trying to do, please share.

:smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:

2. What exactly are you trying to do?

3. You mean, you want to write a program to auto-fill a computer form for you with a previous year's set of information, and then you can manually do changes?

4. So...databases?

5. How is it stored?

In a database you could just transfer each field on the old database to a new database of your choosing. What language is it in also? More project details and I can give you a good link probably

6. yes exactly what I'm trying to do.

7. Screen shots coming.

8. okay, Soo here is the fields that I fill in,

[​IMG]

9. this is off of a website Salesforce.com , which is what I use to log my clients.

10. I got no idea how I would start with that then. Never wrote anything of the such. You should make a database instead if you can, it'll be way easier because you just store that form and change it every year, instead of refilling and resubmitting to that salesforce thing. I don't know how much control you have over this though. Do you have to use that salesforce thing? Cause there is probably a more efficient way.

11. So I re-sell Webconferencing, and this is mandatory for Adobe. All other services I sell (cisco,MSFT,ON25) they all automatically auto renew. Figuring something out that will do this for me, is my 1st step to making Adobe auto renew on MY side.