cops will trick you

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by carpe diem, Aug 18, 2009.

1. my buddy just got caught recently... he was at the end of a street and was turning around, out of no where an undercover cop comes and pulls him over for not signaling while he turned around at the end of a residential street.

cop asks him to roll down window, talks to him, etc.

later another cop goes to passenger window. cop 1 asks him to roll down window for cop 2 so he can speak to him on passenger side.

long story short, they decide to let him go... but first cop number 1 asks him to come back to his cop car to write the ticket for not turning. out of nowhere a k9 unit rolls up. the k9 circle the car, the cop thinks he sees the dog react to drugs, mean they can search car... they find my buddies bowl and he is busted... all because they got him to roll both windows down which i guess made enough airflow for the dog to smell the air coming from the car.

i swear to god they practice things like this at police academies; figuring out ways to trick people...

2. Cars aren't airtight so the dog would have probably detected it anyways depending on whatever it was stored in

3. sssooooo...............

...what can we do? Refuse to roll down both windows? Demand that we remain in the car to fill out the ticket?

4. Store your marijuana, pipes, and other stuff in a can of coffee grounds. Coffee Grounds mask the odor. That's how they get away with shipping pot in with coffee from Columbia.

5. To handle this, keepin the windows rolled up wouldn't of done anything, you need to not fall for the cops bullshit.
    Your misinterpreting what happened a bit, they werent having you roll your windows for air-flow. They did it to kill time for the k9 to show up.

They know they have no right to hold you very long. Next time keep asking what did I do wrong, am I free to go, until that cop writes the ticket right then! Maybe then the k9 wouldn't get there in time.

6. it wasnt me it was my buddy who got caught.

also, my friend said the cop told him something to the effect that the dog could smell if weed had ever been used in the car with both windows down...i think they wanted both windows down for probable cause or something, although i am sure a k9 could smell pot with all windows closed.

7. Yeah i know, just you can never be too unprepared for this type of thing. Sounds like the cop was just bullshitting as usual, even though that is slightly true.

They don't really have a right to say roll your windows down sir, is that what happened while they were killing time before the k9 came?

8. If a k9 unit comes and they dont have a warrant, you can roll our our windows and lock your car when u get out cause they really have no shit on u

9. i dont think it does...

10. Your buddy got nailed, nothing he could really do on that one. He shouldn't have been blazing in the car, but who doesn't like to get high and ride around?

11. #12 compy, Aug 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2009
    In Never Get Busted (Again) he says you cant mask odor from a K9,
    :confused_2: but I don't know shit.

Aye
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgnJdOcW98Y"]YouTube - Never Get Busted Again 3[/ame]

12. I dont like riding with glass anyhow. If I am going to a party or something I will just roll a blunt or two, easily thrown away if need be.

-C

13. Word. thats whats done. Whenever my buddies pick me up there like "bring a bowl" I'm like fuck itt I'm bringing a dutch.

so what happened to your buddy? was he arrested?

14. yeah he was arrested, he has court soon... hope all goes well and his lawyer can get him off...

to the other person who said he shouldn't smoke in the car, he wasnt.... they found his bowl in a sunglass case... he wasnt high nor smoking in the car before getting caught

the cops might have been talking to him alot to stall so the k9 unit could come i guess, but i mean shit like this just make me lose faith in the police force

15. well he could say something about not following due process... thats all i can think of

16. Now I don't agree to profiling, but I'm going to speak my opinion of the local law enforcement (at least that I deal with).

About 97% of the time they're just "fishing" trying to find something on you to get you in the back of their cruiser and a story at the end of the day. Most of them are complete pricks, as well. I have met some courteous ones that are just doing their job, but most see it as their personal vendetta to become a super hero cop and rid the city of non-violent offenders.

17. I'd tell him to call profiling. Why the fuck else would they call for a dog? "Oh... Yeah 95% of people that don't use their turning signals are stoners. -cop"

18. That won't work with a dog. Dogs do not smorgasbord smells. If you were to take a bag of weed and put it in a coffee can, here's what the dog smells. He smells the can, the plastic lid, the coffee, the weed the bag is in and the weed.

19. Actually yes.And its not refusing. If there is an undercover cop there is no reason i can't say I am rolling my window down an inch because I do not believe you guys are cops. It is for my safety there is no law against rolling down windows in your car