Cops trying to revoke my driver's license for possessing a joint

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by kuahiwi, Oct 1, 2012.

1. #1 kuahiwi, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2019

2. I don't know what to say man, it sounds like you were in the right but then again some cops just really, really like being assholes. I think you can fight it, how could an officer have any objective observations that seemed to hint you were unable to drive if you passed every intoxication test?

worst case scenario, you can move to Denmark and ride this pimpin bus
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75F3CSZcCFs]Epic Bus Ad from Denmark (English Subtitles - HTML5) Midttrafik - "The Bus" - YouTube[/ame]

3. Take that pigs ass to court. Explain to the judge how he harassed you repeatedly for less than a gram iof your legal medicine. Tell them what You told us and you should be fine man.

4. I was absolutely in the right. I honestly had not smoked within at least 6 hours of driving, had no detectable odor of marijuana smoke on my breath, clothes, or finger tips...which they didn't even check.

I'm just worried the worst case scenario would be that a positive THC content in my urine combined with a cops BS testimony that I exhibited symptoms of intoxication would land me a DUI charge.

5. 1) NEVER believe a cop
    2) GET A LAWYER ASAP

6. great advise..waste no time... get the lawyer now..

7. Scandinavia is the shit :D

OP, go to court and explain, you shouldn't have a problem. Also, remember that the other cop wanted to let you go and that not all cops are bad people. :smoke:

8. that is too fucking shitty. sounds like the cops checkpoint wasnt working out for him! i would lawyer up, shame you gotta waste hard earned money on proving your innocents.

9. Well, apparently I have 3 days to submit written testimonial on my behalf to appeal the arrest. I've prepared a pretty compelling three page letter, stating how flawed his observation and testing methods were and I will send copies to both the Drivers License revocation office, as well as the county Prosecutors Office.

I've had several people review my letter and am fairly certain it will bitch slap all of them in their face, respectfully of course:D. If that fails, I am prepared to hire a lawyer but that is sort of a worse case scenario, at the moment.

It just sucks that they are trying so hard to pin me, when there were probably tons of very visibly intoxicated drivers on the road that evening. This town supposedly leads the nation in DUI arrests per capita, and i've never once even been handcuffed till that night.

10. Please update this thread OP. Id like to know what ended up happening. Good luck! Hope things turn out well!

11. I would have a lawyer look at that letter before you send it, honestly. That really sucks man. I hope everything works out.

12. the COP does NOT have the right to revoke your licence. a "higher ranking " person can only do so, such as a judge. besides you were NOT convicted of anything yet...only suspected.

most laws say that if you are convicted of a drug possesion your licence gets suspended for a year.

also there is a law that says a cop or a goverment cant be sued. thats why they are bitches.

they are the law, they enforce the law, and they are untouchable...

i would go after him personaly...find out where he lives...FUCK with his wife. DESTROY his life

dont use the legal means...use the street laws

13. [quote name='"letsmokeasweet"']the COP does NOT have the right to revoke your licence. a "higher ranking " person can only do so, such as a judge. besides you were NOT convicted of anything yet...only suspected.

most laws say that if you are convicted of a drug possesion your licence gets suspended for a year.

also there is a law that says a cop or a goverment cant be sued. thats why they are bitches.

they are the law, they enforce the law, and they are untouchable...

i would go after him personaly...find out where he lives...FUCK with his wife. DESTROY his life

dont use the legal means...use the street laws[/quote]

You can sue anyone you want I am pretty sure, including the government, it probably won't go in your favor alot but I'm am almost positive there isn't a law stating that one person or government is untouchable, no one is ABOVE the law.

14. I am allowed to legally possess up to 3 ounces as a registered Medical Cannabis patient in the state. There is absolutely no mention of possession of medical cannabis in a vehicle in the state laws, it only prohibits active usage in a vehicle, which wasnt the case.

Also, there is no law that states government or police cant be sued. It happens all the time, just read the newspaper every so often and you'll see it. You most definitely can sue for a wrongful arrest.

15. Lol @ suggesting to use street tactics. Yea that'll make things better. Smh

16. Honestly man I have no fucking clue what you are doing without a lawyer. Seriously man, GET A FUCKING LAWYER. Your not gonna win and quite frankly I hope you lose. GET A LAWYER. Get a LAWYER!!!!!!!! Dont send the letter, GET A LAWYER!

17. thanks for your support.

18. Yeah my neighbor / Dad's friend had this happen to him, really sucks. Its bullshit but this is why we all have to care about politics, especially our local public sectors.