Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cops took my paraphernalia but gave no ticket..

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ashadeofgreen, Feb 29, 2012.

1. I'd sau you have nothing to worry about. All that happened was a "knock and talk", a tactic used alot by police. Since you let them in and it reaked of bud, bam probable cause right there. Pretty sure the cops didn't want to deal with the paper work for a personal amount of herb. Long story short: no ticket= no crime is documented as taking place. No worries man

2. So I haven't read through the whole thread, but the way I read the OP, it could have been summarized as so:

-OP gave up any right he had and needlessly incriminated himself, nearly voluntarily.

...what the fuck is your problem?

3. It is really weird, ive had a cop pull me over in mass and he took the .5 i had and my one hitter(wasnt a good one) and let me go without a ticket.

4. Call the number???

5. #45 Overdose530, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2012
    Sorry if this was said i only read page one but, pretty sure if they take anything of yours it has to be on paperwork Somewhere.

If youre that serious and wunna pay a (good) lawyer to get some cops fired... Then fugggin doit lol

Ps: Don't stop Medicating if you're not well without.

6. #46 aPersonUponaHill, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
    Dont call the number, just learn from what you did wrong and stop worrying about nothing. Dont make a big deal out of getting a break from some cops and freak out because they took your shit and didnt charge you. do you want them to? Then start making a big deal about it and admit you were in possession, sounds like a great plan. Sometimes when you are respectful, truthful, and kind they overlook the small stuff, it happened to me once. I didnt freak out after, I was just happy and went about where I was going. That being said you dont have to go telling them EVERYTHING, such as I was high while driving when he pulled me over. Certainly not going to admit that.

7. For those of you who haven't read the entire thread, it smelled like bud right outside the door . My roommate smoked in the place earlier in the day as we usually do, and it was a lingering smell (much more so than we are ever used to. Just some funkier shit than ordinary, I s'pose). I smelled it myself when I came home an hour before the cops arrived.
    For the future, we are going to be much more conscientious of the smell, especially regarding the third roommate who suspect may be the reason they showed up in the first place. Should this ever happen again, it won't smell like bud enough that our rights are out the window.
    All you can do from these situations is learn, right? Stop the negativity and name-calling. It adds nothing but hate to the world, and with the way the country is right now, do we really need more of that?

8. I also live in a college town (Blacksburg, VA) and I've definitely heard of people having their stuff taken without a ticket... it seems that they are just looking for dealers/growers and since you aren't one, you should probably just drop it. It seems like you got lucky :p

9. not in florida its not. its a mandatory 1 year sentence and $1000 fine... fuck florida.

10. Funny because like most of the huge stoners I know personally live in Orlando, haha.

11. #51 JDi, Mar 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2012
    they probably would've gotten a warrant if they were actually doing a stake out on your house like that and "we'll destroy the evidence if you comply" is bullshit because what if you're like alright here you go and hand them a quarter pound in dimes and eighths they wouldn't just be on their merry way if they're legit cops

edit: AND why would they be watching your house like that JUST so they can destroy all the evidence. sounds like you just got jacked homie, but atleast it was only a pipe and some stems.

next time tell them to return with a warrant. when they leave put all your bud/paraphernalia in a freezer bag or something and hide it somewhere off your property or ask a fellow g hold on to it

12. [quote name='JDi']AND why would they be watching your house like that JUST so they can destroy all the evidence. sounds like you just got jacked homie, but atleast it was only a pipe and some stems.
    /QUOTE]

We debunked the theory that they were non-legit cops by searching for both officers in my town's PD database. Fuckers were right in there, so there goes that one.

Thanks for the help, guys. I'm going to the student advocate tomorrow with my roommate to get some kind of professional opinion.

Stay tuned for what she says.

13. #53 GreenCrackYUM, Mar 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2012
    Florida does not fucking have a mandatory 1 year sentence for under 20 grams. You are talking out of your ass and have no idea what you are talking about. Stop spreading bull shit lies.

Look here: Florida Penalties

Nowhere does it say MMS. 1 year and 1k fine is the MAX they can give you.. which is the SAME for ANY misdemeanor charge. Even for a SECOND offense, you can probably avoid any jail time with a good lawyer.

I see you keep posting the same shit that there is a MMS for 20g or under of 1 year. You are dead wrong.

Don't you think if they gave a 1 year MMS the fucking jails would be overcrowded like a bitch??

Good lord.

Edit: From norml

"Possession of 20 grams or less of marijuana is a misdemeanor, punishable by up to one year in jail and a fine of up to $1,000. Possession of greater than 20 grams of marijuana is a felony, punishable by up to five years in prison and a fine of up to $5,000."

Notice the "UP TO.."

14. Dude. Just shred the number, pretend it never happened, and just start vaping or hotboxing in your bathroom only. Less heads, have friends over once a week or less. Stick to yourself more. Your place is probably still hot and watched, so keep it cool by doing these few things. Get some scented candles too for god sakes.

15. So...just wondering what the fuck ever happened with this?

16. Okay, just say you don't smell anything or that you just bought a new perfume.

Yeah...

17. Well If you want guidance the cops let you off, thats all there is to it, I dont know what the question is. You didnt even have weed there. There is 0 need to call your lawyer, its over, they cant do anything after the fact. In canada they couldnt even do anything if they wanted to because none of what you had is illegal here :). But even in the states theres nothing that can happen to you, your paranoid, there is nothing for your lawyer to even do, deal with, or say to you.

18. I think you need to lay off the weed man, you are way beyond paranoid. There is absolutely no way they thought you were a cartel.....like actually no way, that doesnt just happen to anyone, there is real proof and actual buys made off poeple before something like that happens. They would most likely be able to get a warrant for the smell...but seriously dude use your head lol, tell them they cant come in and move the stuff before they come back...oh woops that would have just been a complete solution. They would never be there with a battering ram, maybe in some kind of dream world. And If they thought you were a CARTEL THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY THEY WOULD EVER KNOCK ON THE DOOR AND COMPLETELY RUIN THEIR CASE AND HARD WORK. Just sayin man you are way over paranoid, think about this for a bit.

19. Sounds like you got jacked up man, meaning the cops just took your shit for themselves. Happens to the best of us, fuck the pigs man

20. If you weren't such a puss and told them to come back with a warrant the you would have time to move anything "illegal" to a separate area. just my 4 cents