Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cops took my paraphernalia but gave no ticket..

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ashadeofgreen, Feb 29, 2012.

1. When my friend got caught toking in his car (I was with him) they made us dance on the weed once he admitted he had it. Cop threw it on the ground and made us dance on it (He was fucking with us because all 4 of us were high, his gf and my bro). Then he made him get his bong, put it in a bag and smash it on the ground lmao. Then he was like, if I didn't have a BNA in progress I would of booked all of you. LMAO is BNA breaking and entering? He said something like that, any 5-0s?

2. I just want to throw in there, that not ALL police that work on campus, I'm assuming this was on campus... It really sounds like a campus complaint issue... are going to fuck you over or pull stupid BS.

Just sayin'

If it's not a campus issue then... WTF? :confused:

3. You should PM me.

4. I live in a student housing apartment off campus. I am here to ask for advice about what to do, since I am graduating soon and cannot go to jail for whatever reason. Thank you to the people who gave me solid advice, and to those who just had to throw in something snide.. Well thanks for something, I guess.

For the record, I always contain the smell. I smoke in my bathroom and blow it into the fan. I have been dry these past couple of days so the scent lingering outside the door was NOT mine. I always smoke into my bathroom, blow into the fan, and usually spray air freshener as I exhale. I came home an hour before the cops did and was pretty pissed that it still smelled like weed from my roommate.

I'm about to call my laywer. Stay tuned for the results.

5. dude you're graduating soon? looks like you need to spend more time in college and learn what you should do in certain situations.

if you never signed a consent to search form you'll never get a ticket or anything. don't worry about it, they realize they wasted their time.

6. im tuned for the results. let us kno what he says

7. they were being nice, you should feel good about it. No ticket, no court, nothing on the record, they just took the shit and let you go....

8. Lawyer said that this is a strange situation, but since I have already gone through to probation process once, I CANNOT go through it again.
    He suggested "giving a name" to cover my ass. I am VERY unsure of how to approach this. I would NEVER give a specific name, but the cop told me that I could even send them the address of "a party that is getting out of hand" (since I live in a college town). I DO NOT want to be a narc..
    So... yeah.
    What to do?

9. #29 benthamj49, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2012
    Was the number on a business card or just written on a piece of paper? And also, did you do a reverse phone lookup? Does it even go to the police station or a narc office?

Just seems sketchy that they would stake you out and get in there themselves, only to take your bowl, without going into any of your buddies' rooms. If they're staking you out, they're going to be concerned about a grow and not just simple possession, and they're going to try to get a warrant to raid you. I dunno, it seems unlikely that your apartment would be noticeably dank outside that other college students are concerned enough to tip off the police (unless this is like a super religious university)... Gonna have to call shenanigans on those "cops" for now, it seems like you got taken for a bowl by some kids. Speaking of, how old were these two?

10. Sorry to say this but if you do rat someone out to cover your ass your scum. (not saying you would do this don't get me wrong) but if you get caught YOU should face the consequences for your house smelling like pot, not drag a friend down

11. The number was scribbled on a piece of paper. I have not looked it up to see if it is a legitimate number.
    I live with two other girls and each of their rooms got searched. My roommate had a bowl and a g taken but has no ticket, just like me. I am pretty sure the maintenance people smelled bud when they came to fix things in the apartment since my roommate smokes in the living room and I smoke in my bathroom. 95% of the time, the smell is from her. I'm pretty sure it's the maintenance people who told the office, who called the cops, who staked out my place to see if we WERE cartels (in which case they would send 8 officers with dogs and a battering ram) or just three college girls who smoke pot. Since they identified us to be the latter, two polite and nice cops came by and did what they had to. I am not resentful of that matter. It could have gone worse.
    If I had asked for a warrant, they'd be back with one, plus dogs, more cops and a battering ram.
    Yeah, fuck that. I'll let them in and let them take my bowl and put me in this weird situation instead of resisting and pissing them off and absolutely being served a ticket when they found my bowl.
    They were middle aged men with very real police officer uniforms. They also drove a very real police car. Hmmm, I seriously doubt a little kid would face felony charges to steal two pipes and a g of bud. Riiiight.

I am not saying that I am going to narc. I am looking for advice in my position.
    Thank you.

12. #32 benthamj49, Feb 29, 2012
    Yeah, just curious because I've heard of people who dress up as SWAT and come raid houses under the guise of officers (and of course you're not going to resist them because if they are real SWAT you're asking for another charge on top of whatever possession/paraphernalia charges). My advice is avoid maintenance at all costs. I replaced all of the locks on my apartment doors so that they don't have a key and need to ask my permission to get inside (so I need to be home to answer). As for the cops, just forget it; you're not going to get arrested because you don't have anything in possession anymore, right? Looks like a good time to end your pot career until you graduate or move apartments.

13. Well thankfully spring break is coming up so I am going home for a week. I DO use marijuana medicinally, however, so stopping completely would be a problem. I have IBS and my mornings are severely painful — the bud helps that. Nothing else can, not even cutting out gluten or taking colon-aid pills with helpful bacteria. I also experience nausea and severe stomach cramps in the morning. My doctor said to "cut out gluten", but then said "I can't tell you this on the record, but if marijuana were medicinally legal in NC, it would help all of your symptoms".
    What do you suggest I do in this situation since I use marijuana as treatment in the mornings?

14. You don't happen to go to ECU do you OP?

15. #35 bigbudstev, Feb 29, 2012
    First off people dressing like cops is more common then you think , there was a huge strin of robberies by people dressed as cops in my province, it does happen and it could have to anyone, that being said I highly doubt these were fake cops and I believe you should have not complied because of you had said no they wouldn't have enough proof to get a warrant (same situation happened to my buddy an the cops never came back and he's growing 4 plants) and even if they did go get a warder you could have at the very least got rid of the "evidence" so when they did come back there would be nothi g to find,

You DON'T have to do everything they say
    Read your rights
    Protect yourself

I'm not saying you did the wrong thing just that it seems you were almost TOO cooperative, you coulda got yourself into a lot of trouble

(edit) try and get there information when they get yours so if anything goes Wrong you know who they are

16. #36 ashadeofgreen, Feb 29, 2012
    I most certainly do. Greenville got a new Chief of Police and I have heard of more people getting searched/popped his past week than any other time during the three years I've been here. I'm SO glad that they're busting down the doors of college kids who smoke pot to fucking relax instead of patrolling the grid for those thugs that keep robbing people at night. Priorities, man. Fucking PRIORITES. Greenville lacks them. If you're not drinking underage, wasted in public or possessing bud they really couldn't give a shit about what you do. How about they go chill on the OTHER side of the tracks? Shit.
    NOT happy.
    What do you suggest, since you're familiar with the area and possibly Greenville PD?

Also, I do not have the Officer's badge ID but I do have his last name and first initial. Is there a public record of all Greenville PD available so I can do some research?

17. [quote name='"ashadeofgreen"']

I most certainly do. Greenville got a new Chief of Police and I have heard of more people getting searched/popped his past week than any other time during the three years I've been here.
    NOT happy.
    What do you suggest, since you're familiar with the area and possibly Greenville PD?

Also, I do not have the Officer's badge ID but I do have his last name and first initial. Is there a public record of all Greenville PD available so I can do some research?[/quote]

Haha i figured you did considering how many busts there have been this past week. Your story matches up with everything iv'e been witnessing from my friends and in the Grid. The narcotics division is doing there ''spring cleaning'' around this time and are looking for the big fish in the sea.

Few people i know just got raided last week and were threatened with felonies unless they Narc on the guy next in line. Thats how they operate after all...My recommendation to you is to not say a word, a minor charge like yours isnt something they are looking to pursue at the moment.

Chill and dont let your roomates do anything foolish for the rest of the week, then resume normal life after spring break. They have their eyes on growers right now and the dudes movin P's

Thats my suggestion :)

18. That is very helpful information to learn.. thank you very, very much. I have already gone through the possession of bud dance and took care of it entirely on my own. My parents have no idea it even happened, and CANNOT find out. If shit happens, I'm fucked. I can say goodbye to ECU and the graphic design program I have been through.

Are you fairly certain this is how they are operating? I had a friend who lived at Wilson Acres last year have the same thing happen to him, and when he ignored the situation, a was issued a warrant for his arrest.
    My roommate is a criminal justice major who is interning at a law firm, so her boss is going to talk to a Greenville attorney who specializes in drug charges and then she is going to get back to me. I plan on doing nothing until I hear from her about what the attorney says.
    My lawyer said to give a name but I am just not comfortable with that.

19. I used to have this happen so I just stopped eating and drinking anything in the morning (even water, because it set me off) until about an hour or two after I had been awake. Seems like it takes my stomach a while to get rolling. Could be the same thing, maybe not, but just incase you do eat breakfast, it may help to stop eating and after a few weeks it becomes normal. Maybe you just have anxiety though, stress can fuck your body up a lot.

20. I wish that were the case, but it's so bad that I CAN'T eat for a few hours in the morning. I think I am going to heed your advice about lying low until after break, but how I will approach the situation is still pending per what the drug charge attorney suggests.