Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cops on the GC

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SalSilva, Mar 30, 2012.

1. I suppose, yeah.

I am not either, was just really confused at what you were talking about, because I had no idea why you posted that video in response to his question :p I see what you mean now, in that sense it is a meme. I was thinking less literally.

2. LOL, you're just not as high as I am :D

3. HAHA true true. Too lazy to go to my car to smoke though, been sitting in this chair for a bit :p

4. One cannot even see across the chasm that separates the difference between "owned" and "controlled".

How many of these companies have been hacked and YOUR data leaked?

How many of these companies have been hacked in the past and don't even know it?

How many of these companies are at risk of being bought out sometime in the future, and your data sold to the highest bidder?

Want me to go on?

Private vs. Public vs. Government...all comes down to who is in control. If the Government wanted to shut down your Gmail account tomorrow, they could. And you could do fuck-all about it.

Or even if you found you could, it certainly would not be cheap, even to prove wrongdoing or innocence.

IANAL, but I believe you are technically and legally correct. I believe precedent has been set that states that an IP address alone is not enough to prove who was behind the keyboard, unless other corroborating evidence is brought into play (such as proof YOU logged in with a username, or proof you were the only one with access to said computer, etc.).

However, all that being said, tell me something. If there are ZERO chances of an arrest being made, then why in the hell would cops, DEA, and especially ICE sit on these forums? Seems rather pointless if the end result is ZERO convictions. Might be kind of hard to justify the GC-surfing budget with a big fat goose egg of legal results.

5. yes. if i grew, especially illegally, which i dont (legally or illegally), i would be much more reluctant to posting some of the stuff i see in the grow section than some people are...

6. To quote SP again, "when the cops want to find somebody, they call Apple"

7. im a cop and im planning on arresting everyone here. someday