Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cops found weed in my house after break-in

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by arco, Jan 10, 2013.

1. So I was at work today and my mom called and said someone broke in to our house.

I get home and open the front door, and the first thing I see is my stash jar open in the middle of the floor with a small pile of weed next to it. Luckily it wasnt alot. worth about 20-30 bucks maybe.

The two cops asked us if there was anything in the house that didn't belong and my mom was like "the weed over there and that container". I didnt say anything.

Both cops kind of made a face like they didn't believe her and one said "a lot of times people don't like to admit to things like this because they think they'll get in trouble. I don't care about a little weed, I care about felonies." he started to ask again but then said it didn't matter because the suspects fingerprints would probably be on it anyways(the other cop is taking fingerprints from the stash box during this convo). I still didn't say anything.

Once they were all done the officer told us we could do whatever we wanted with the weed. He said to vacuum it or throw it away and was saying we could smoke it but kind of trailed off in the middle. They finished up and left shortly after.

I guess my question is is it possible that this will come back to bite me on the ass ? What are the odds of me getting in to trouble, not so much for the weed but more along the lines of hindering their investigation and lying or some shit? I don't fucking know I've had like no sleep and I'm surviving off Heineken so sorry of I sound like a moron.

Allegedly.

2. Will god damn man, hope your day goes better...

3. #3 Stormy Sea, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
    If they said they didn't care and left without even taking it I wouldn't be too worried - usually they would, even if they weren't going to charge you, at least in my experience.

Chill, smoke a bowl, relax, smile. :]

If worst comes to worst, admit the truth and tell them you were afraid because of a previous experience or something. Most they can charge you with is still pretty petty, and it would be a lot of effort over a tiny amount. Probably got bigger fish to fry. :)

"IT'S A TRAP!"

4. They really don't care about your stash of herb. If they did they would have made you do something with it, or take it. I think you'd be good as long as they don't get any complaints or shit like that.

5. hurry up and smoke that, and id stay dry for a week or 2. never know what those asshats where thinking, maybe they will come back one night and bust you.

6. They know it's is your weed they dont care it seems which is cool. they know you are not selling and just smoking it. if they found something like bags and a scale

7. Yea, just be glad they didn't take that little baggy of yours. :p
    Go pack one and relax, I wouldn't worry. :wave:

8. I guess I was more worried about the guys the caught saying that it was mine after I already told them it wasn't. I'm already kind of paranoid with these jerks breaking in and trashing the place and taking our stuff. the weed was just icing on top of the shit cake.

My family was home and they don't know I smoke so i left it there. my uncle picked it up and took it with him. He's probably smoking my shit right now Hahaa

Thanks blades

9. I don't really know how to explain it but I think there is pretty complex legal defense if they were to try and prosecute you for you're own weed in your house while there to investigate another crime. Or something like that. Nothing to worry about especially if they didn't take the weed with them haha. Told you to smoke it? My pleasure officer.

10. why did they break in your house?

11. Breaking in? Either someone let them in or a warrant was served, is there something you're not telling us?

12. The cops did not break in, they were investigating the break in... I think

13. Yep read op

14. tough break, your little stash is the last thing you think about in a time like this....

always have a good hiding spot, when you know police are coming inside the house and looking around.

15. I don't see what the problem here is. They said they don't care, left the weed with you, and told you that you could smoke it if you wanted. What are you worried for?

16. Ha smoke the evidence and chill a while

17. dude if he was gonna burn you out he would have...good for him for being a good cop

18. surprised they didnt take it with 'em, what state you live in?

i'd say blaze it up but your Uncle is way ahead of you

OP's Uncle ----> :smoking:

19. The cops didn't break in someone else did. They came in through the window. Stole 4 lap tops, a nook, ps3, Xbox 360 but the officers found it down the street so we got it all back. It was all in a bag so i assume it was too heavy for them to run with so they dumped it.

They got away with 3 gold bracelets, a gold pendant and my moms new cell phone. I can't really tell what else is gone because they completely trashed the place and it's a mess. I've been cleaning all day.

The weed was in a chest in my room. They found it and we're going to take it but someone walked in on them and they ran. I didn't leave weed spread out in my carpet. Kinda silly that I have to say that but yeah...

This may seem ridiculous to some of you but I already feel violated and uncomfortable in my own home. I probably am overreacting but a little reassurance is helping put my mind at ease. and even if it's just a little, it helps.

Thanks again to you all.

20. Cop says he didn't care... He probably won't care. Just smoke in security as most of us should be.