Cops/Emergency Vehicles Making Silly/Creative Noises With Their Siren?

Discussion in 'General' started by LovingTree, Mar 27, 2017.

1. I'm not sure how many of you live in the city, but I've noticed that every city I have visited, the emergency vehicles really get creative with their sirens! You'll hear them suddenly start them, then stop them, then start them again, it almost sounds like a girl screaming, or something. Has anyone else noticed this?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yea they're annoying af, cops around here just spam annoying ass sounds cutting through traffic just to get somewhere on their lunch break. I think we were better off without them honestly lol. Not to mention I live by prescient so I hear them like 900000 times a day

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Should all be required to play the Benny Hill theme when they flash their lights.

4. As far as I know they have a few different settings to nonverbally communicate with other officers and depending on the time of day.

Where I used to live cops couldn't use sirens after like 9-10pm, so would do a quick bloop bloop with the lights when pulling someone over. Other chirp squeeee chirps are to signal they are over here in the area or that a criminal ran over there. Some are the low bassy tones to get the attention of people with closed windows and loud music to gtfo of the way, the slow Weee woooo weeee woooo is like on my way, and the faster version Brdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrd! is like huge emergency, coming as fast as I can!