Cops confiscated bubbler :(

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by GodGotBaked, Jul 26, 2013.

1. About a month ago I was caught with my bubbler. That evening I was not arrested, the cops were pretty chill about everything. I went back home and smoked a couple blunts to forget about what had happened haha. I have court on Monday for possession of paraphernalia, obviously. I was just wondering, what would happen exactly? I'm 19, I live in Florida and this is my first offense for anything. Thanks in advance for your help! 

2. http://norml.org/laws/item/florida-penalties

Says paraphernalia is a misdemeanor, and under incarceration it says 1 year. I doubt they would give you jail time for a bubbler, but idk anything about Florida's judicial system. I do know Florida is really cracking down on head shops and paraphernalia so it is possible. I would try to consult a lawyer, or at the very least a public defender.

3. I'm not exactly sure to be honest, hopefully you just get community service.

Keep us posted.

4. Tell them its a bucket u put together out of bordem to sell on ebay

uhh what?

They already got the bubbler with, I assume, resin in it.

6. I got caught in FL when I was 19. If its just periphinalia you should be able to take a one day drug and alchohol class, costs like $90 plus $80 in court fees and they drop the charges. If they don't offer the classes in your county its probably a decent fine. Good luck bro

7. First offense probably won't land you jail time, but considering that florida law enforcement has been cracking down, I would advise talking to some legal counsel if you can.

8. I got busted with a piece got a ticket for parafa... found a lawyer got it dismissed didnt even have to appear at court. In commi Texas

====*~~~-~~~*====

9. Thanks for all your input, guys! I'll come back on here either Monday after court or Tuesday and let you know what happened. Happy 4:20 everyone ^.^

10. Good luck, be respectful.

11. Be careful.if you get caught with paraphernalia again its a felony due to the new law they just passed.

12. So glad I live in Cali and it's extremely easy to get a medical permit, I hope these laws don't stick.

13. i would like to hear how this turned out if it is convenient would you post what the penalty was for you

Sent from my HUAWEI H881C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. I got put into some misdemeanor program. As long as I do well in the program and stay clean for 3 months, my record stays clean :D 

15. Three months, damn.

16. #16 Sweendog, Aug 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2013
    Nice man. Two of my friends just got caught here with paraphernalia and I think they're on papers for a year.

That's the least amount of time I've ever heard. He should consider himself lucky.

18. In California, it would have been ignored. In Florida, you will get the death penalty.

19. Good, hopefully that will teach you stay away from harmful drugs like marijuana, which is a gateway drug.

Lol, jk, but suck's what happened. They need to find some crack pipe's to break, not a artistic piece, made to smoke this natural herb.