Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Copper for downstem? NOT BOWL

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Shmev, Apr 15, 2009.

1. I was just wondering if copper tubing, used for plumbing and what not would have any health affects with using it. I'm going to make a homemade glass bong and I cant find something to use for a downstem (and I dont want to use a hose lol). I just thought it would be fine since its not being heated up and the smoke is just passing through it. So if I;m wrong please tell me lol so i dont die.

2. Smoke is hot, and will just as quickly heat up the downstem as the bowl. DO NOT use copper, using a hose is better if you must - but not preferable.

3. you can buy glass downstems at headshops, just do that. looking online, i see a few downstems ranging from $15-$50. just buy a cheap one.

4. ^^ agreed, glass on glass bongs rip

5. its fine.

Unless its treated copper.