Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cop not charged for eating pot brownies

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by afhottieprep, May 12, 2007.

1. <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="90%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%" bgColor=#006448>Officer Avoids Charge After Eating Pot Brownies</TD></TR><TR><TD width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff>Posted by CN Staff on May 11, 2007 at 08:15:36 PT
    By The Associated Press
    Source: Associated Press

[​IMG] Dearborn, Mich. -- A police officer will avoid criminal charges despite admitting he took marijuana from criminal suspects and, with his wife, baked it into brownies.
    The police department's decision not to pursue a case against former Cpl. Edward Sanchez left a bad taste in the mouth of at least one city official, who vowed to investigate.

"If you're a cop and you're arresting people and you're confiscating the marijuana and keeping it yourself, that's bad. That's real bad," said City Councilman Doug Thomas.

Sanchez, who resigned last year from the department in this Detroit suburb, declined comment Wednesday to the Detroit Free Press. Police Cmdr. Jeff Geisinger did not return calls seeking comment.
    The department's investigation began with a 911 call from Sanchez's home on April 21, 2006. On a 5-minute tape of the call, obtained by the Free Press, Sanchez told an emergency dispatcher he thought he and his wife were overdosing on marijuana.

"I think we're dying," he said. "We made brownies and I think we're dead, I really do."

Sanchez later told police investigators that his wife took the marijuana out of his police vehicle while he was sleeping. In a subsequent interview, he admitted he got the marijuana out of the car himself and put it in the brownie mix, police said.
    His wife also was not charged. Source: Associated Press (Wire)
    Published: May 11, 2007
    Copyright: 2007 Associated Press
    CannabisNews -- Police Archives

-------------------------------------------------------------
    WTF?? I mean come on? they let a cop go without a charge of eating marijuana or in possession of marijuana? That is SOOO not fair because millon of americans are in jail for possession of marijuana. This is like cops or government taking control of us and making the decisions of what we should do with our lives.
    I hope that this news above will make people realize the other side of the coin and that it is not acceptable when people are arrested for marijuana! makes me so mad!

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

2. sounds like this is gonna show that marijuana is not as harmful as everyone thinks.

3. AND he stole it from a suspect

4. i'd like to use this as evidence in any case against suspects confiscated of their pot :(

5. This was posted at least three times yesterday, do a search first

6. What really upsets and disturbs me... is that Edward Sanchez is gettin' off with just a little parental smile and a "Don't do it again, Eddie", with a waving finger.

7. what the fuck, man thats some fuckin bullshit. first of all the cop stole the pot from someone else and den used it to get high and didnt catch a charge?.. get the fuck outta here.

8. Anyone else feel sickened by the fact that they hired a guy on the police force who thought you can OD on MJ?!? This guy's got to be the dumbest guy in that station. He better be, or the suburb he's in will suffer from shit like this all the time..

9. Brings a new definition to the word, 'Dirty Sanchez'.

ZING!

10. hahahaha good one! +rep

11. fuck tha po-lice

12. lol he didnt even sound that baked and said he only had a "chunk" off a browny... what an idiot.

13. Dumb cop.. ..

14. "whats the score of the reds wings game"

lol what a moron
    he should have been fired for wasting the 911 dispactures time, let alone stealing evidence.

15. cant hate on the red wings. they are the best team in hockey. The call is hilarious though. Must have been embarrassing for them though.

16. lol the dispatcher was kinda pissed sounding at times with a sense of "are you kidding me what a shithead" hehehe stupid cop

17. I can't believe this cop admits to stealing the evidence and even using it with NO CONSEQUENCES!

This cop is busting people for using cannabis and then uses it himself! These stories drive me crazy.

18. What does that have to do with anything??