Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

cop lying to me ?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by rockage, Oct 28, 2010.

1. was arrested a little bit ago, caught smoking and driving, blah blah.

had a half ounce in the car. basically i was charged with nothing, they didn't even tow my car..

now the cop says he can randomly call me and have me drop. Is this true because there was no court or anything involved or is he lying ?

2. Just don't pick up if the cop calls. Problem solved. :smoke:

3. lol i love the sig.. i love that movie too!! the guy whos shit it is reminds me of myself when im sober

4. Hahaha you think that's a schwinn?

5. i assume he would come to my house and look for me ?

6. If you werent charged with anything and the cop keeps harrasing u then you have grounds to protect yourself under the constitution.

7. Say nothing and get legal aid asap.
    Cops will try to make it seem like you're helping yourself if you talk to them but that isn't how it works. The moment you begin speaking to a cop they're building a case against you.

8. he hasn't harassed me. he just explained that i could be called in anytime to drop. which all my friends are telling me isn't true because you have to be dropped at courthouse not police station. Plus I've never gone to the court.

There were 3 other guys in the car with me. one was on probation and he got it extended another 6 months. another was completely dropped. and idk about the other. but i think they all should be dropped because i was the driver and i technically had a dui but they let me go so that just undermines the whole case.

9. You think so ? I didn't have to post bond or any of that shit though. I just sat in intake or something for a couple hours and my mom picked me up...

10. #10 nascarfan, Oct 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2010
    It really depends on if the cop filed any report or anything like that. If he didn't, there's no evidence and they've got nothing on you. If he did and you just don't know about it, you could be royally fucked.

11. If they ask you for any details of the incident say nothing.

12. This is great advice. To reiterate, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT AND DON'T TALK TO THE COPS.

The saying goes "Anything you say can and will be used against you," not "anything you say may help you."

13. The fuckers cant do shit to you without evidence, they released u in a couple of hours with no charges, yet this fag said he could call you in? What constitutes to this?

14. well they do have evidence they caught me smoking, and high. and with the bud in the car. but i want to know if they are letting me off on a warning and just trying to scare me straight. This is what I'm thinking since it was my first time with anything illegal really.

15. Your best course of action is to contact a lawyer, give him/her the full details of your situation and proceed from there. Don't leave anything to chance.

16. Well, that's all highly irregular. I think if he's actually going to do anything he would have done it by now. He'd have filed a police report and gotten you a court date. Sounds like he's probably just fucking with you.

Go online and see if your PD has online access to the police reports. You can do that in my county at least. If he filed a report it'll show up in the public records. If he didn't, then he probably won't do anything because he'd get into some trouble himself for not just busting you outright.

I'm not a lawyer though so you should just go talk to one.

17. Sounds like he's just trying to keep you from smoking.

18. Cops are lying fuckers. They say that if you're totally honest that you will be treated better. If you comply and and spill everything, you will get off easier. NOT TRUE! All they are trying to do is get evidence from you. If you are caught by the cops, don't say a fucking thing. Identify yourself so you don't get a failure to ID charge, and that's it. Once in a blue moon if you are honest, they will let you off easier. True story. This doesn't involve me or weed. But my brother and his friend (brother 20 friend 18) were driving out to come and see me for a weekend out here in SLC. They were smoking cigs on the way out here. It is illegal in Utah for a 18 yr old to smoke, gotta be 19. Anyway, they pulled my brother over for speeding, and while they never saw any of them smoking, they saw the cigarettes and smelled smoke on both. They seperated my brother and his friend, and asked them questions. They asked my brother if he was smoking. He said he was. He said they were his cigarettes, they asked if he gave one to his friend, and he said no i did not. They asked his friend the same questions, he said they weren't his, he wasn't smoking, there was no proof he was smoking except he was around somebody who was, so of course he would smell like it. He said they were not smoking. Then they go back to my brother, handcuff him and say, He said you gave him a cigarette, now we are going to get you on Supplying to minors. So after this my brother said yeah I did but he is from Idaho, has an Idaho ID, and in Idaho the age is 18. So they messed with them some more, and just stole the cigarettes they had, gave them a speeding ticket, and wrote up a warning for the tobacco charge. They will lie like this all the time, if it will make you confess.

19. agreed, although i think this is just a scare tactic because they know you are new to this type of shit

20. so you guys think im good to start smokin again then ?